• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple versions of Lightroom on my PC?

Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2018 May 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason (my incompetence I suspect), I have Lightroom, Lightroom Classic, and Lightroom Classic CC on my PC - along with Photoshop under the Adobe Plan.  I only want and us Classic CC.  Is it safe to uninstall the other versions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Lightroom Classic CC converted the wrong catalog file. Find the current catalog file (do a search using your operating system) and then open the current catalog file in Lightroom Classic CC with File -> Open Catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OursoulsDad  wrote

Is it safe to uninstall the other versions?

Yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks aj.  I'll wait for consensus on this if you don't mind.  I am sure you are right but ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OursoulsDad  wrote

For some reason (my incompetence I suspect), I have Lightroom, Lightroom Classic, and Lightroom Classic CC on my PC - along with Photoshop under the Adobe Plan.  I only want and us Classic CC.  Is it safe to uninstall the other versions?

'Lightroom Classic' and 'Lightroom Classic CC'? That is not possible, or should not be possible. People tend to call it simply 'Lightroom Classic' (also to distinguish it better from Lightroom CC), but there is only 'Lightroom Classic CC'.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right that it should not be possible Johan, but they are clearly there as 3 separate programs in the list of Adobe programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both routes show 3 versions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And they are three different programs. Adobe Lightroom is a standalone program, apparently an older version. Adobe Lightroom CC is the new cloud-based Lightroom that stores the full-sized images in the cloud. It is new and different and is aimed at a different user with different needs. Adobe Lightroom Classic CC is the current version of the "traditional" Lightroom that stores images in folders on your computer. This is the version that continues the features that we have all become accustomed to over the last decade. I suspect that perhaps your Creative Cloud application manager may not be up-to-date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OursoulsDad  wrote

You are right that it should not be possible Johan, but they are clearly there as 3 separate programs in the list of Adobe programs.

Yes, but they are not 'Lightroom Classic CC' and 'Lightroom Classic', as you claimed. Your screenshot only shows 'Lightroom Classic CC', not 'Lightroom Classic'. It shows 'Lightroom CC', which is a completely different application. It's the new version that stores its images in the cloud. If you don't want it, you can uninstall it. And it shows an application simply called 'Lightroom', which is probably a rather old version (Lightroom 6 or older). You can uninstall that one too.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.  I hear about the different versions that I have but only one reply about whether it was safe to uninstall the other versions.  Well, I uninstalled the old Lightroom and, using the Creative Cloud application, uninstalled Lightroom CC.  When I opened Lightroom Classic CC it asked me to update the version of my Catalog, which I did. Now, despite saving catalogues regularly, I have a catalogue that is months old and not reflecting the days of file reorganising I have been doing.  I also don't understand why it gave me a new Catalog reference "-3".  Is there an easy way to get my latest Catalog back?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic CC converted the wrong catalog file. Find the current catalog file (do a search using your operating system) and then open the current catalog file in Lightroom Classic CC with File -> Open Catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks dj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines