• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dragable Handle are wrong after export

Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2018 May 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I animate within Adobe Character Animator the draggable handles work fine. But when I export the video via media encoder or link it into after effects as an embedded project file the arms stretch and move randomly. I'm not sure why this is happening.

I did notice that this only happens if the character has to be scaled down. If the character is not scaled it doesn't happen at all.

This is the video export

And that's within the program.

This does not happen within the character animator program beta version at all.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Random suggestion - sounds like the puppet is being scaled down, but not the dragging event coordinates. Are there options to scale the puppet vs the whole scene? Maybe you are scaling the wrong ”thing” in AE?  (I don’t know if a feature or bug - I don’t use AE - just trying a random suggestion. I notice that draggers are not relative to the rest of the puppet, so the same happens inside CH as well. Just wondering if you scan scale the whole scene instead, which would include the draggers at a guess.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great suggestions. When you scale the scene the whole scene disappears. This is definitely a bug in character animator 2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried scaling down the puppet and it's doing the same thing as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screen cap of your rigging panel? I've tried a number of different riggings and finally came up with this result. Is it something like you are seeing?

Arm Stretch.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah that looks pretty much like whats happening for me too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot reproduce it with the arms being independent. Here is my rigging, showing the mesh that goes with it. You might take a look at your mesh.

ChloeMesh.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, that might be the issue. Let me see if there is a layer with extra drawings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And this is the file that is having the same issue. And the arms don't have a mesh which is weird.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The rectangular mesh means its not using the correct mesh - warping will look weird. There is normally something “disconnected” in the layers. An easy quick fix is to set the “mesh type” property to “contour” to speed it up.

The second image showing the arms without mesh is because the arms are independent. When you click on an arm group, you will see the mesh for that arm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, in that first picture with the rectangular mesh, what is that anchor or handle right up in the top left corner? I wonder if that floating off on its own is cause the mesh calculation to go weird.

On, your first puppet had some other things that were hidden. You need to delete, not just hide. Hidden things are still used in the mesh calculations since you may use triggers to make them appear. So the “don’t use these naughty...” and “BG” groups I would delete (not just hide).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2018 May 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I fixed the mesh issue and moved the handle. Also deleted the extra layers and still it's happening during export. But when I export the demo puppets it works just fine. So I wonder if it's a photoshop puppet issue maybe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines