• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

One Page Exported onto Multiple Other Pages???

Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1.PNG2.PNG

Hello!

I am writing a little photography guide. I made the book in Illustrator because that's what I'm most comfortable using. Exported it to Adobe PDF, with editing capabilities checked off, and placed the pages into InDesign to export as an ePub. I'm pretty new to InDesign so I'm not too familiar with all the controls.

The pages are numbered correctly, but the page above as you can see is exporting and replacing most of the other pages- not all, but most- even though it's only on one page in my layout.

Working on a Windows if that makes any difference.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gabi,

We would need your file to check the issue, would you mind sharing your file?

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi gabiroquestudio:

To clarify the terminology, Illustrator doesn't have pages, it has artboards (same idea). Did you build the document in AI using multiple artboards in a single file? And then you used File > Place and selected then correct artboard for each InDesign page? That should work just fine, but you could always go back to Illustrator and use File > Save as to save each artboard as its own file, and the place the separate files.

~Barb

Screenshot 2018-05-18 17.31.33.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are trying to place a multi-page PDF into InDesign, hold down the Shift key to get Options as to how to place the PDF, then select the page you want. Otherwise it gets the first page.

Or do as Barb suggests.

Or if you already have the multi page PDF, select all pages in Organize Pages in Acrobat and Extract to separate files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 20, 2018 May 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The way to place a PDF or AI file in InDesign and exporting to EPUB causes raster images instead of text pages. It encreases the file size and decreases the readability.

Therefore I strongly recommend to make it in InDesign and place only images in InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines