• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign opens documents as unsaved

Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Since upgrading to InDesign CC 2018, any .INDD documents I open instantly say it has been altered (asterisk next to name) and requires a save even though I haven't made any changes. I've tried saving them as a new .INDD, template, and .IDML but all three have the same problem. This even applies to brand new documents with nothing in it. I'm running macOS High Sierra 10.13.4. Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Hi Adam:

This even applies to brand new documents with nothing in it.

Are you saying the after you choose File > New > Document, the asterisk is visible next to Untitled-X.indd on the tab bar? Did you try trashing preferences?

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any conversion requires to save the document, even if you make no changes. And if you open a file from any previous version it will be opened as a converted document (which was formerly seen in dashes, but now it is not the case anymore). So you have to save it now in the current version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These documents were made in CC 2018, no conversion. Like I said, even a brand new document with nothing in it acts like I've made changes as soon as I open it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adam:

This even applies to brand new documents with nothing in it.

Are you saying the after you choose File > New > Document, the asterisk is visible next to Untitled-X.indd on the tab bar? Did you try trashing preferences?

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2018 May 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean after saving and closing the new document, the asterisk appears after I reopen it. I'll try trashing the preferences when I get into work tomorrow. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trashing the preferences seems to have fix it for most of my documents, though it's still happening with a couple of them. But it's definitely much better now! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, great! I'm glad that was helpful.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow - it worked. Been having this problem for years and have learned to live with it. Finally found your solution about trashing the preferences. THANK YOU!

Skærmbillede 2018-11-14 kl. 13.57.25.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines