Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Many pdf vanished after uninstallation and installation Acrobat Pro

Explorer ,
May 20, 2018 May 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe Community,

I don't want to panic, I write you quietly...

I had troubles with my Adobe Acrobat Pro (Classic 2015,and my OS is 10.12.3) . So thanks to people here I uninstalled and installed the software from Internet. Now it works !

So I decided to do what I wanted to do... And some pdf done with Adobe Pro, since one year, have disappeared. They appear in the Adobe Acrobat Pro window, I click, it's said "no possible to find it" and just after it's no more in the window. At the same time they've disappeared from my Finder.

I could find these pdf in a previous back up but I should test every pdf, and I don't remember every pdf I created with Adobe Pro...

Have you known this kind of situation?

All the best,

Patrick

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 20, 2018 May 20, 2018

I tested one pdf, there is the same message "you can't find this" but I found it differently in the finder.

So it's not a problem... Just the idea to find the pdf with this window ! The pdf exist, they have not disappeared. Perhaps my mind begins to vanish...

So I stop work for today (it's evening in Paris). I'm less quiet than I was thinking...Capture d’écran 2018-05-20 à 18.46.31.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
May 20, 2018 May 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tested one pdf, there is the same message "you can't find this" but I found it differently in the finder.

So it's not a problem... Just the idea to find the pdf with this window ! The pdf exist, they have not disappeared. Perhaps my mind begins to vanish...

So I stop work for today (it's evening in Paris). I'm less quiet than I was thinking...Capture d’écran 2018-05-20 à 18.46.31.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to add a little bit more information: When you uninstall Acrobat (or Reader), the uninstaller will _NEVER_ remove any of your PDF files. They will remain on the system. All that is getting removed is the list of recently opened files, so you can no longer access the files you had open before you re-installed Acrobat by just using the items in the recently used list in Acrobat. You will have to use the operating system's file manager (Windows Explorer on Windows, and Finder on the Mac) to access these files, and double-click on a PDF file, or select "File>Open" in Acrobat and then navigate to the folder that contains your file(s).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a lot Karl Heinz,

after I asked... I understood ! So I wrote my second message. And when I read you, I become sure of it.

But at the same time it was as if I were in front a mirror... I saw a man who becomes old and who would like everything quicker... Or a man who loses control. Yes, I wanted to send the script to a Foundation, the last hope for finding money before I shot the (short) movie. But, sincerely, it's important for me, not for them. I don't want to admit it... Crying about pdf missing was like believing mistakes are not from me... But they were here and I didn't want to see them... 

Yesterday evening and this afternoon I stopped working in order to find a kind of "peace" in myself. Some people say "cinema is a difficult world", I disagree. Everything is possible... If you write a good script or if your previous movie is good, you find people for making the next movie. But this work gives you loneliness and it is difficult because you understand every day how your choices are weak...

Fortunately, people come work with you, for example there is this Community, your help, and I try to remember if people help other people, it's in order "something different" happening. In my case, it could be a movie.

Thanks a lot and I wish you all the best,

Patrick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines