• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cannot link my media after updating premiere pro

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have lost half of my clips (that now state that they're offline) in my project after I updated premiere pro last night.. I tried to link them manually and they are not able to be found.. I didn't rename them or move them from where they were at... this all happened literally right after I updated premiere pro...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matt,

Let me know the format of the clips and the OS you are using as there are some Quicktime format that are removed for this newer version.

Dropped support for Quicktime 7 era formats and codecs

If you are on MAC, try opening one file in Quicktime and check if it is converted. If yes, try to relink that file again in Premiere Pro and let us know if it works.

//Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Vinay, just wondering if you might have any suggestions as I’m experiencing a similar thing. ive also commented on this thread. Some people are saying this is a known bug? Many thanks, Remy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi phillibeezy123,

Did you try Vinay's advice? What happened? Let us know!

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm having the exact same issue.

I upgraded premiere to 2018 version and how none of my clips linking to media in the new converted project.

Furthermore, when I import clips into a new project, only half appear with video!

I shoot on a sony a7sii in PAL - there must be thousands of other people using the same setup as me. What's going on here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mp4 Files showing as audio files only?

Screen Shot 2018-05-21 at 20.38.06.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You on a Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim,

Yes I am.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems to be a bug with Macs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really? Is there any more information on this? Are adobe aware?!

Thabks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if Adobe is officially calling this a bug.  It's just something I happen to notice.  Everyone reporting this is on a Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines