Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Topics not highlighted in the TOC

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2009 Feb 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I have a CSH and a TOC which is set to "Synchronise Automatically". When I click on the help button on the application, only some topics are highlighted in the TOC, while for some topics, though they open, they are not shown highlighted in the TOC.

Thanks,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 19, 2009 Feb 19, 2009
Hi all

There is one slight change you might make to your WebHelp to see if it makes a difference.

Click File > Generate Primary Layout (Assuming WebHelp is your primary layout) and click Next > twice. This should have you at the WebHelp Options - WebHelp part of the dialog. See where it says Optimize Speed For? Have you tried changing that setting? The default setting for that option is typically Web Site (Internet). Try changing it to Local PC or Intranet (Internal Network) and generate again...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2009 Feb 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a look at Snippet 1 on my site. Are these topics that are in the TOC more than once?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2009 Feb 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,
I did go through the snippets before posting this. The topics do not appear more than once in the ToC. However I did notice that the application has 3 tabs, the ToC topics are highlighted for all topics on the first and third tab but none of the topics on the second tab are highlighted in the ToC.
Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,
I did go through the snippets before posting this. The topics do not appear more than once in the ToC. However I did notice that the application has 3 tabs, the ToC topics are highlighted for all topics on the first and third tab but none of the topics on the second tab are highlighted in the ToC.
Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So is the problem only when the help is called from the application?

If you open the help locally and browse around, does the highlighting work OK then?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2009 Feb 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when i build the RH project and then go to the output files, I need to click the ToC links to see the pages. So yes, the help works fine in that sense. But when its called from the application, it is context sensitive, which is why the highlighting issue is coming up. And the highlighting problem also occurs only for this particular tab in the applcation. Is there some problem with my project, or something that the programming guys are missing, while calling the help?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is not testing the problem. Open a topic that has links to other topics. Click on those to see if the TOC remains synchronised. If it does, then it is an issue with the call, if it does not, then the problem is in the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that was really dumb testing that I did. Well, the ToC works fine when I jump to a related topic from a page. So now I know there is not problem in my project. Any idea how I can resolve this.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that was really dumb testing that I did. Well, the ToC works fine when I jump to a related topic from a page. So now I know there is not problem in my project. Any idea how I can resolve this.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tell your developers it is their problem. :-)

I don't know what it is they are doing that is causing this issue but it is something within their domain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

There is one slight change you might make to your WebHelp to see if it makes a difference.

Click File > Generate Primary Layout (Assuming WebHelp is your primary layout) and click Next > twice. This should have you at the WebHelp Options - WebHelp part of the dialog. See where it says Optimize Speed For? Have you tried changing that setting? The default setting for that option is typically Web Site (Internet). Try changing it to Local PC or Intranet (Internal Network) and generate again. See if your issue remains or is resolved.

Might not do anything and it might help alleviate the issue. We won't know until you try.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2009 Jun 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I set the Optimize Speed For option to Local and the ToC now works fine.

Thanks much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp