• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TOC Default Frame in Compiled File

Participant ,
Feb 18, 2009 Feb 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using RH HTML, x5, generating HTML help. The compiled version does not open to the TOC. How do I set the TOC to appear as the default frame in the compiled version? Right now, the compiled file opens to the Index tab.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Valorous Hero , Feb 18, 2009 Feb 18, 2009
Hi all

Tina, if you are simply double-clicking the CHM file to open it, note that it will simply open to whatever tab was visible when you closed it last. Sure you can configure the TOC to be the default tab, but that will only work the very first time the user opens it. If your user switches to the Index and has that tab visible and closes the CHM, it will open to the Index when they open it again.

If your CHM file is connected to an application, your application developer can open it in a fa...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at the options in the wizard when you generate. Currently you have Index marked as the default. You can change it in the wizard.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is exactly the problem. When I select File > Generate Primary Layout (Microsoft HTML Help) I don't get a wizard. All I get is one screen (which I can't figure out how to paste into this message) which does not give any options. Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look for Single Source Layouts.

Double click the one you want, then you will get the options.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

Tina, if you are simply double-clicking the CHM file to open it, note that it will simply open to whatever tab was visible when you closed it last. Sure you can configure the TOC to be the default tab, but that will only work the very first time the user opens it. If your user switches to the Index and has that tab visible and closes the CHM, it will open to the Index when they open it again.

If your CHM file is connected to an application, your application developer can open it in a fashion where the TOC is present regardless of how it was last closed.

Hopefully this helps... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks Rick - I knew there was some type of 'trick'...while I have worked with RH for Word for years, I'm a newbie to HTML help...
Thanks again!
Tina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that too - I still keep getting the one screen with no options (I wish I could copy that screen into here somehow...). Anyway, the screen offers no options....??? Are these options located somewhere else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp