• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom not importing all photos in a folder

New Here ,
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom does not appear to be importing all the photos from a folder. It has imported 374 but there are 480 photos in that folder. I've follow various guides on how to import, but even the import tool only appears to see the 374 photos. is this a known bug?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just checked in Bridge and it shows the expected 480 photos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a number of things that can cause files to not import. They may have already been imported to a different folder, they may be from a new camera model not supported, an unsupported file type (must be raw, DNG, JPEG, TIFF, PSD or PNG), or in a subfolder. LR also supports most video file formats, but not all. Try selecting the below options. If that doesn't work tell us the file type and camera model of the 106 missing files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, so I check I was importing everything ok and yes, its looks spot on.. what I have found is that when I try to import files for example photo.DNG and photo.jpg lightroom was only importing the DNG file. Normally I dont mix JPG and DNG in the same folder so that's why i didn't come across this issue before. I've done some testing and even if you have different photos with the same name but different file extension Lightoom appears to ignore the JPG file!

I've moved the files into sub folders DNG and JPG folder and boom! ive got the 480 images appear in my catalog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

duncant23799357  wrote

I've done some testing and even if you have different photos with the same name but different file extension Lightoom appears to ignore the JPG file!

Your JPEGs are being treated as sidecars, thus being ignored. Configure your Lr preferences as shown below. This will treat the JPEG as a separate file.

jpg as separate.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines