Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Open without TOC

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2009 Feb 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
Can anyone tell me how to show Help without the TOC showing, by default? Users can then decide to display the TOC by clicking the Contents button in the toolbar.(I am using FlashHelp, btw)

thanks,
mike

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't point the users to the "Start page" (the first field in the first Generate window), which is the file that contains the frameset navigation instructions.

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Robox5 with WebHelp Pro Output.............I know where the generate window is but not understanding what I need to point to. Please advise.

Cindi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi all

Mike, the only way I've ever managed to do this is by fudging things using some JavaScript. Not sure if it would work for FlashHelp, but I'm thinking it should probably work. Hop over to my RoboWizard site and download my Skinny on Skins file. I've explained what to do inside it. Basically, you create some JavaScript that causes the TOC panel to briefly be shown, then disappear.

I presume what Leon was suggesting was that you just point to a topic in your project. And if you do this the user will see a "Show" link they click to see the whole enchilada. But that won't quite accomplish what you are asking. Which is to keep the main toolbar visible (just not the TOC).

Cindi, I'm not sure exactly how the WebHelp Pro functions for opening single topics. Might be the same as WebHelp, but somehow I'm thinking it probably isn't. You may wish to consider posting the question again in a thread all its own. Please ensure that you specify WebHelp PRO right up front so those familiar with it may easily see.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp