• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements & Premier 2018 - stopcode: inaccesable boot device.

New Here ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just purchased Photoshop Elements & Premier 2018. When I reboot (restart) my HP ProBook, blue screen appears with:- stopcode: inaccesable boot device. I recently had Win10 and Apps re-installed owing to Win update issues on the HP laptop device.

I then have to apply a System Recovery Point before the installed app -  Photoshop Elements 2018, so as to use the laptop as per normal. I also noticed that on Elements 7 now has the same issue, as I have this on CD. Prior to IT re-installing  / formatting the hard drive I could still use Elements 7. I then purchased Elements 2018 thinking that Elements 7 is obsolete and no longer runs on Win10, but still have the same issue with Elements 2018.

When I shut down the laptop and switch on again the lap top boots-up as per normal - but with a reboot the blue screen appear when trying to boot-up.

Other apps not associated with Adobe Elements work accordingly when re-installed.

I did read on the web that this issue could be related to hard drives being formatted and then Win10 re-installed. It mentioned something to do with "Install Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for visual studio 2012, but installed this without success.

Please advise to correct this issue as I don't what to return product / refund monies, but want to use the app.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest you uninstall from the Windows control panel and then re-install both applications to ensure all components are correctly installed. Use the link below to download the trial versions (at bottom of page) and validate with your serial numbers.

Go to:

https://www.adobe.com/products/elements-family.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

The blue screen with the stopcode error is a microsoft OS error, please read the following article: Windows 10 stop code: inaccessible boot device - Microsoft Community

Also could you please use the Adobe Log collector tool to collect logs, and check for any installation errors that you see and share with us?

Log collector tool link: Log Collector Tool

Thanks

Vipin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines