• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem Parsing JPEG Data

Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem has been posted long back in 2014 and then 2016.

My photoshop CC 2017 was good until I got an update for 2018. Now I cannot open any JPEG files. I get Problem parsing JPEG data.

Following what I have done

1: Reinstalled windows and photoshop CC 2018.

2: Installed older version 2017

3: Spoke to chat support - They asked me to install some RAW update 9.1.1 (Totally useless)

4: Chat support then did a remote session and then made few changes, then blamed the computer RAM for the same. SO I did a memory diagnostic to verify the same. The memory diagnostic didn't show any module or RAM memory problem

Even after doing the above I still have the error.

This has all started after the new update for 2018 came through.

Has anyone able to fix this please. I am not looking to convert file in paint for any other app to make photoshop work.

Please help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

So I was browsing and trying to search for answers and I found this fix which worked.

In Regedit:

\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Photoshop\120.0

Added DWORD "OverridePhysicalMemoryMB" with the value 4000 hexadecimal base (4GB is my RAM on my surfacepro4)

Try making it with either 32 or 64 bit. One of them works.

Now all photoshop jpeg issues and ram issues are resolved.

also the preferences where few sub options could not be opened have been solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What have you done for trouble-shooting so far?

Restoring Preferences after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved might be a good starting point:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-trouble-shooting-steps.html

What role do jpgs play in your production pipeline?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I was browsing and trying to search for answers and I found this fix which worked.

In Regedit:

\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Photoshop\120.0

Added DWORD "OverridePhysicalMemoryMB" with the value 4000 hexadecimal base (4GB is my RAM on my surfacepro4)

Try making it with either 32 or 64 bit. One of them works.

Now all photoshop jpeg issues and ram issues are resolved.

also the preferences where few sub options could not be opened have been solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2018 Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The one that works and thank you very much is DWORD (32-bit) Value

photoshop messed up just today for me - nice to see a quick fix and no need to reinstall the OS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank's for saving my arse!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2018 May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love you man ❤️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you break this down for those that aren't tech savvy? I literally don't understand a word of what you typed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked in PSCC............I went thru a chat with one of the techies, and my problem is solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you please verify what is meant by adding DWORD...I went so far in the Resitry as 120.0 but wasn't sure if you mean to actually type that into the chain or not? Not a techie, an artist. I need my jpegs! Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you do not understand these instructions PLEASE DO NOT TRY. Editing the registry can leave your system broken forever. So please get someone to give you hands-on help with this (someone who knows how to backup and restore the registry and recover your system, that is!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any other way? Because I'm totally useless and have no idea what that means! Im at a loss for what to do this issue is causing so many problems as I use this software for my small business...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry but for ordinary mortals your answer makes no sense, it may as well be written in ancient Greek. I wish tech geeks would speak in plain English so we could all benefit from your knowledge.

The sooner Adobe allows us to speak direct to customer support instead of sending us through forums and automated replies the better. Businesses depend on keeping these products working, I bought the product and expect useful customer support, not trying to communicate in cyber speak

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I concur with johnloguk. I had no problems with Elements until yesterday.

What are the following: Regedit; hexadecimal base? I also have a Surface Pro 4.

Do I get to use Elements 2018 or have I wasted my money - need to uninstall and reinstall an older version?

So what's it going to be Adobe? Do you really care about your customers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a surface pro as well. Were you able to get any answers about what the parsing the JPEG data means? I have the same message and can't do somethings for my business as a result

Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also wasted over 2 hours waiting for a customer service person to get back to me this afternoon, all I got was the repeated message that everyone was busy and they'd get to me asap, but they never did. Adobe seems to be all about selling stuff these days and nothing about customer care once we've bought their products. Do I uninstall and start again? Is this a problem with Windows 10? I it a problem with PSE 14? Is it coincidence that these problems happened after a major Windows 10 update? Will anyone from Adobe ever get back to us? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a new problem in 18. Never had it in 14.

I was happy to update - now wonder if Adobe either was hacked or just doesn't care about its customers . Either way,  it's very frustrating and disappointing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting so fed up of this error. Almost a week I've been unable to open any files! I have people waiting for their galleries and I can't do a damn thing.

I don't understand all the jargon above!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2018 May 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. Can you break this down in layman's terms. I'm over here scratching my head.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check this thread and go down to the post by "ssprengel", they explain the process in easy stages with diagrams and screen shots. I used it last night and it worked, only took about 5 minutes, but be careful don't miss out any steps like I did the first time

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2423579

The bit that isn't clear is the beginning, you right click on the little windows icon in the bottom left of the screen, then click on "run" which opens the box where you type "regedit" then everything is straightforward, fingers crossed, best of luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Thank you Thank you!!! I could NOT figure out why it kept giving me an error opening up these photos! I was about to throw this laptop but your link to correct it saved me! Whew!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is a prime purveyor of sophisticated software.  Can't Adobe just prepare a patch and transmit it to licensed users?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will that work for me? I have Photoshop cc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I honestly don't know if it will work for Photoshop CC, but I suspect it wouldn't hurt to try it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im having the same problem started last night i cant acess editing my images . as says parsing data. can anyone helo as i need to fix it by this evening .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines