• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

playback issue on 2nd mon

Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curious if anyone else is having any issues like this, suggestions for work arounds.  It seems to be related to the latest update installed recently as this was working prior.  Tried both HDMI and Display port on the Mac Pro late 2013 without success.  Also, a full-screen view of the timeline works briefly when I change the arrangement of the monitor through display controls in sysprefs but then plops back over my timeline in the main screen.  I even got timeline playback via my 2nd monitor to work for up to a few minutes by playing with using mirrored displays, then turning it off again but eventually shows up over my timeline again.  All very strange and no success finding solutions online.  OS is 10.11.6.  appreciate any help!

view of playback over timeline primary monitor (although playback selection via MTE is 2nd montior)

Screen Shot 2018-04-16 at 5.47.52 PM.png

arrangment

Screen Shot 2018-04-16 at 5.47.52 PM (2).png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

appreciate the reply.  I had not thought of that but will keep that in mind.  In essence, I did this in a longer manner in that I re-installed my OS, apps, third party and it worked perfectly.  Good time to clean it all up anyway.  thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not familiar with the Mac OS, but I did not you have at least one of those monitors scaled from the dialog showing. How does this work if you go back to original screen resolution?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the response.  I should have clarified I tried scaling and default for the playback monitor with the same results however, the window that appears over my timeline gets smaller when default scale.  as attached

Screen Shot 2018-04-17 at 12.44.20 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So much for that idea!

This is ... odd. I do hope someone doth pop in to help!

It keeps popping your second-monitor out screen back on top of your fist monitor. Huh.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you never know!  thanks for the reply again.  yea, weird.  odd because it was working, even reconfig'd my mon setup along recommended slots on mac.  gonna try a few other things but hoping to build a PC soon and get BM playback device for future. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Glen Walton,

You might try renaming your Layouts folder to regenerate new workspaces. Then, recreate any custom workspaces. Does that work?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

appreciate the reply.  I had not thought of that but will keep that in mind.  In essence, I did this in a longer manner in that I re-installed my OS, apps, third party and it worked perfectly.  Good time to clean it all up anyway.  thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines