• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

tethered shooting problems

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help! I have my camera tethered to my computer, lightroom is recognizing the camera (ISO, shutter, etc.) but when I take a photo it is not showing up in lightroom. When I press the shutter on the computer it makes my camera 'busy' but does not take a photo.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://lightroomkillertips.com/get-help-lightroom/​

Tips on posting that increase changes of success

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some details to assist an answer-

Camera Model?

Computer OS?

Lightroom Version Number?

Connection cable OK? {Camera to Computer}

Any other software running? (eg. Mac Photos)

Destination folder for images?  and does it have full Read/write permissions?

Fix tethered shooting in Lightroom

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So frustrating this question has not been answered. PLEASE HELP!

I have 2 important jobs that I need to tether ASAP & for future.

I had given up & gotten away with not tethering for a while when I upgraded to Canon 5DmkIII after trying cable, computer, camera & USB port changes. I've cleared all the space on my computer & Lightroom.

It always worked on my MkII

It is reading the camera but the image doesn't come up, which is what happened before.

I have.......

Apple laptop macOS High Sierra 10.13.3

Canon 5DmkIII

Lightroom 6

& a very fast professional cable

I just plugged it in & tried & it worked! I was so excited......BUT only for one picture.

I have turned everything off & on & tried again

This is what it shows after taking a photo

Screen Shot 2018-05-23 at 3.12.34 pm.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like the camera is detected.

Does the Folder specified {Test Tether} have full Read/Write permissions in the MacIntosh HD ?

Have you looked at the link in Post#2 above?

From Supported Cameras-A list of cameras that can be tethered to Lightroom Classic CC and Lightroom 6

* For the 60D, 5D Mark III, and 1D X, a card must be in the camera for tethering to work properly.

And Rikk Flohr has some info in this link-

Lightroom: When will my camera be supported for Tethering? | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2018 May 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just wanted to say thank-you to everyone that took the time to help me problem solve.

After trips to the camera shop, apple & trying your suggestions, I have found the answer for my computer. I uninstalled Lightroom & reinstalled it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I think i have same problem with FUJIFILM Tether Shooting Plug-in PRO (Win)

My gear:

Camera Fujifilm XT-2, firmave ver. 4.10

OS Windows 7.0 SP-1

Lightroom ver. Lightroom Classic version: 7.5 [ 1186149 ]

Good cable USB - 3.0

I have full access in folder destinaton, can read and write files.

I can control my camera in FUJIFILM Tether Shooting Plug-in PRO, but cant get photos in Lightroom,

And Lightroom always write status - "Transferring files from camera" but nothing happening.

Can you help me with this problem?

Thanks alot!

l1.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the same story, try all the option in the Lightroom Killer Tips and see how you get in.

I'm using the Fuji non pro version with an X-T2; it was dicky for while, but it's working for me again.

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also make sure the camera is set to USB Tethered Auto in the PC Connections menu.

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2018 Sep 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for answer!

I have reads all tips and trying my setup on other notebook with win 7, and i have same result, tether not working

I have try load only Tether Shooting Plug-in PRO, from folder C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Modules\Tether_FUJIFILM_PRO.lrplugin

And switch on checkbox - "save images directly on PC without registring in Lightroom. Nothing happened, photo not transfering in folder.

And one more, i have try program "Fijifilm X Acquire" and it working, photo after make shot (on camera) put in folder.

I'm disappointed and dont understand why Tether Shooting Plug-in PRO (cheking ver. 1.9.0.2) not working!

o1.JPG

I can just operate camera from plug-in.

o2.JPG

And one more.

In description documentation supported app list:

Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom CC
Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom 6
Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom 5

But i using Adobe Lightroom Classic CC, can this be a problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi sergeys,

As the non pro version is working, I suspect it may be something else.

You say XAcquire is working, so that indicates that the pro plugin should work. I think you need to have that checkbox turned off.

I haven't bought the plugin and Fuji had no interest in sending a review copy when I was writing about Fuji tether recently.

Make sure XAcquire is off when you're using the Pro plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also you can use the plugin from other folders.. I have mine in a folder called LR Plugins in my Documents folder. You need to add it via Plug-In Manager if you move it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2018 Sep 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a strange thing.

Plug-in create folder C:\Users\user\Documents\FUJIFILM\DCIM

Where transfering all photo what i made from control panel of plug-in!

If i delete this folder, after make new shot, plug-in create folder again and put theer new photo!

But In this section nothing set

a5.JPG

So, i don't undestand what's go in on!

But I think problem in bug plug-in and it might be because of the new update. (Ver.1.9.0 - Compatible with SELECT FOLDER / CREATE FOLDER features.)

I'm very interested where Plug-in get this setting "C:\Users\user\Documents\FUJIFILM\DCIM"

Anyway now i can use plug-in with LR trough auto import option from C:\Users\user\Documents\FUJIFILM\DCIM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's still a bit odd. Without actually using the plugin, I can't really say anything. It may be that the folder is being set somewhere else in preferences, and that automated shooting is for something like Timelapse etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

I understand correctly that i need to contact the developers of the extension to denote problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, when i try to use Plug-in PRO, XAcquire is off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines