• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSE2018 Layer organizing

New Here ,
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working with PSE 2018 and have found that on this version, when I drag items onto my page (for digital scrapbooking) the items go to random layers instead of above the layer I want it on. I have to drag each one to where I want. Is there an easy fix to it? I also use V9 on a different computer.

Example: dragging in alphabet letters, they're scattered throughout my layers instead of stacking.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you select the move tool, you can see the options in the bottom panel.

Try to uncheck the option to 'auto select layer'.

That option  means that when you move/drag an image it will be inserted just over the layer you can see where you 'drop' your image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm talking about dragging items from photo bin onto layers tab of my page, not moving them within the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

stinkerbelle2004  wrote

I'm talking about dragging items from photo bin onto layers tab of my page, not moving them within the page.

??? I have never been able to drag from the photobin onto the layers tab. I just tested with PSE10 (I don't have PSE9).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I highlight a layer that I want an item above, I drag the item from photo bin to document but it gets placed several layers lower or higher. Any other version (4, 7, 9) it places it where I've selected. On this version it's random and I have to move them up the layers panel to where I want it.

In example shown, I have selected the layer by the arrow for the leaves but when dragged from photo bin it placed it several layers up.example.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I still don't see how you can drag the icon for the leaves file from the photo bin (the bottom panel) directly over the layers panel. That's a forbidden move. I can only drag any file in the photo bin over an already opened file in the working space.

I don't do scrapbooking but I do custom pages layouts which require exactly the same use of multiple layers. Yes, there has been a lot of changes since PSE9 (I believe since PSE11), so until real scrapbookers can give help, I'l simply describe what I am doing now so that I can move a layer of a file where I want on another layer.

- Both the destination file and the source one are opened together in the working space. I am using 'floating documents in expert mode'.

- I first open the destination file and in the layers panel, I select (highlight) the layers over which I want the source layer to land on.

- I select the source files (the leaves) in the working space. Its layers appear in the layer panel.

- from the layers palette on the right, I drag the layer anywhere on the destination file shown in the working space. That's all.

Alternatively, I could have only the destination file opened in the working space, and drag the source file (the leaves) from the photobin to the destination file opened in the working space. However, even if the destination layer has been selected as described above, the result is different if you 'drop' the source file precisely over the rectangle showing the selected layer or outside it. If you drop outside, your layer will land over the bacground. If you drag it precisely, it should land over that layer... unless that layer is duplicated in your layers palette.

I may be missing something, but if I choose to drag from photo bin to a selected file in the working space, I always check the layers palette and move the new file where it should be. Now, let's see if we get more ideas by scrapbookers or experts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines