Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sony footage imports as audio only

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I just updated my Adobe Premiere to the latest version yesterday, and now when I import the MP4 footage from my Sony PMW-200 it comes in as audio only. The footage looks fine in After Effects and I'm able to convert it in Media Encoder. The interesting part is, I can still import footage from older projects (recorded with the same camera) and it's fine. And, I was able to look at this footage in Premiere before I updated it. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks,

Jeff

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an update. I did a little more experimenting and this is what I found: the footage coming from an external hard drive is importing as audio only. If I copy the footage to my computer's hard drive, it imports fine. I also shot a new piece of footage and placed it on the external hard drive. It imports just fine. Older footage from the external hard drive imports fine. The only difference I can find between the problem footage and the working footage is I transferred the problem footage directly from the camera, where I typically use a Sony card reader to transfer footage. Typically, this wonldn't be a problem except that I have 175 gigs of footage to edit and my computer's internal drive wont store that much. Any thoughts how to fix this problem?

Thanks,

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2018 Apr 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I "solved" the problem by importing the missing files from the internal HD and then re-link it with the fils on the external HD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jeff,

Add your voice to this issue: Fix mp4 Importing – Adobe video & audio apps

Hope we can get a fix out to you soon. In the mean time, you may have use a previous version.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines