Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro XI does not respond upon opening

New Here ,
May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have Adobe Acrobat XI Pro for Windows. It freezes every time I open the program and says 'Not Responding.' I've tried uninstalling and installing again, but no change.

Has this happened to anyone before? Is there something that might have triggered this change?

Thank you

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 28, 2018 May 28, 2018

Hi Ak,

Error 16 means that permissions to application folders are set incorrectly. Please try troubleshooting steps given in this help document for the same: Configuration error in Adobe Creative Cloud

You may also visit the following forum thread discussing the similar issue:

Error 16 on Acrobat Pro XI

Thanks,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 24, 2018 May 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ak,

Could you try following troubleshooting steps:

1- Try installing updates for Acrobat XI from here: Adobe - Adobe Reader : For Windows

2- Launch Acrobat as an administrator - Run an Adobe program as administrator | Windows 7, Vista

3- If that doesn't work, try resetting preferences for Acrobat using the steps given here: How to reset Acrobat Preference settings to default.

4- If issue still persists, try troubleshooting steps given in this link: Troubleshoot Windows system errors, freezes | Adobe software

Thanks,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2018 May 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shivam,

IT Support tech has run through those steps and I am still unable to use the software.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 25, 2018 May 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try following troubleshooting steps:

Download and run cleaner tool on the machine which you can download from here: Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs , reboot the machine, download Acrobat XI from here: Download Acrobat XI, Acrobat X ( You need your Acrobat serial number to complete the installation).

Thanks,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2018 May 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Shivam,

I followed your instructions. When starting up the newly installed program, a window popped up instructing me to uninstall and install the product, which I did. The same problem occurred with the error code: 16. What does that error code mean? Any advice on what I should do next?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 28, 2018 May 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ak,

Error 16 means that permissions to application folders are set incorrectly. Please try troubleshooting steps given in this help document for the same: Configuration error in Adobe Creative Cloud

You may also visit the following forum thread discussing the similar issue:

Error 16 on Acrobat Pro XI

Thanks,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines