• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC Classic Stopped Tethering to D850

Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I setup to shoot tethered into LR Classic as always with my D850 and it just stopped working. LR sees the camera and connects but as used to always happen with my D810, when I take the picture, the program just hangs on transferring file.

Steps I've taken to troubleshoot:

1) Restarted LR

2) Reconnected Camera

3) Tried 3 cables

4) Rebooted Computer

5) Checked for any software updates

Versions 7.3.1 and RAW 10.3 on a MacBook running High Sierra 10.13;4

6) Swapped harddrives

7) Tried my Pentax 645z while not officially supported, the plug-in allows me to shoot to LR tethered. The Pentax will not work either.

8) Moved to my desktop PC and tried to tether and it works perfectly

9) Reinstalled the LR desktop app and same thing

10) Called tech support who were absolutely clueless

So, anyone have any ideas? Capture One tethers just fine but I want to finish my project in LR where I started.

It would appear that there is an issue with the MacBook and LR. The previous MB version worked fine until it didn't so there was no update or change on it. The new version of the Mac's updated software does not work either.

I wish Adobe would get their crap together on this stuff. Three years trying to shoot tethered and three years of nothing but connection problems. No wonder everyone moves to C1.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

You are aware that this is a user to user forum, right? We are not Adobe here. Personally, I have never ventured into tethered shooting. Have you looked at the troubleshooting suggestion page?

Fix tethered shooting in Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess we have no one on Adobe that wants to take a crack at this? Shocking....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Five days and nothing from Adobe? Bravo. Appreciate you taking our money and not having the decency to help correct issues on your forum. Very supportive indeed....AdobeSupport​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are aware that this is a user to user forum, right? We are not Adobe here. Personally, I have never ventured into tethered shooting. Have you looked at the troubleshooting suggestion page?

Fix tethered shooting in Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I am aware but I've seen plenty of occasions where Adobe reps have hopped on to help support issues.

Typically I don't get annoyed at this stuff but when their live tech support doesn't help/can't figure it out, and there's no where else to go, it's a terrible situation for a product I'm paying a lot of money for every month.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mark,

Please, raise your issue here Lightroom CC | Photoshop Family Customer Community 

Above forum is monitored by Lr QE whereas this forum is not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks you for the direction

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I didn't see your post until today.  I'm not Adobe, just another D850 user.  I am testing the tethering of my D850 with my 2015 MacBook Pro OSX 10.13.3 with Tether Tools 15' cable.

At first, once everything was hooked up and turned on, LR did not see the 850. I clicked the shutter manually and the connection was made. I have been testing the tethering for about 30 minutes. All is working properly. I know that is of little help with your issue.

If I had the problem you describe, I would take all those same steps for troubleshooting.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the input. LR doesn't have any issue seeing my camera at all. It tethers and connects just fine. It's only when I start taking images. The image is taken, LR shows transferring files, and then nothing. It just hangs there. I've left it anywhere from minutes to close to an hour to see if it would finally transfer but nothing.

This used to happen with the D810 as well and there was no fix until they updated the software.

I'm not sure what's going on but there's obviously something they can't figure out. At least in my case...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2018 May 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

JimHess​ thanks for the link. I hadn't been able to find that previously.

I deleted my Adobe preferences plist file on my MacBook and the transfer of the tether worked perfectly.

I haven't tried the Pentax yet but we're half-way home anyway.

Thanks again-

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines