• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2018 crashes when using a lasso

Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the last program update, the magnetic lasso stopped working and the program closes with an error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Hi All,

Please update Photoshop to 19.1.1 version, which includes the fix for "Photoshop CC 2018 crashes while using Pen/Magnetic Lasso Tool".

Also, refer the list of other fixed issues in 19.1.1 release: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html

To update Photoshop CC to 19.1.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop CC.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What have you done for trouble-shooting so far?

Restoring Preferences after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved might be a good starting point:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-trouble-shooting-steps.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently, i have faced same problem.. Any Solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you reset the Tool yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to use that reset tool within Photoshop before as well and had a similar problem.  I think i should install Photoshop again. Is it Right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After resetting the settings, the lasso worked. Now I find out that after the update was not compatible with the previous version

settings dropped just renaming the folder with: \ Users \ ******** \ AppData \ Roaming \ Adobe \ Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 farther on the file threw everything back until I found what was the cause

PS 2018 rel 19.1.0, Win10, video ATI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Outstanding.  Resolve the Problem.

Thanks a Lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An error was found. The problem is in the cursor settings. If you change the cursor settings to "Precies", then when you use the lasso the program crashes. The problem is only with a magnetic lasso. A temporary solution is to not use this cursor mode.

And this only applies to "Other Cursors". There are no problems with brushes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In those support appealed, they looked at this problem, and defined it as an error in the program. Promised in the following releases or patch fix

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about the inconvenience caused. We are investigating this issue and will update this discussion with our findings.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2018 Jun 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Any updates?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2018 Jan 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue after updating to CC 2018 yesterday. Pressing "L" for the polygonal lasso tool causes an immediate crash with no error report or notification from Photoshop. I have reset the all lasso tools and restarted. Other cursors is already set to standard (has never been "precise.")

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With today's update (Photoshop 19.1.1) the problem is solved... at least for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today’s update (19.1.1) fixes this crash. Downloaded, tested and confirmed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Please update Photoshop to 19.1.1 version, which includes the fix for "Photoshop CC 2018 crashes while using Pen/Magnetic Lasso Tool".

Also, refer the list of other fixed issues in 19.1.1 release: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html

To update Photoshop CC to 19.1.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop CC.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2018 May 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated (actually went back to) the Version 19.1.1 release, and am still having the same issues:   Magnetic Lasso completely crashes the entire system.   What happens is that when you click on the lasso, you cannot turn it off.   It continues to lasso along with the cursor and the only way to stop it is to close out of PS (which is not easy either, as the cursor will not release from the lasso).    I am now updating to the most recent version release, but that was installed when I needed to join the forum in the first place.   Bottom line:   It has NOT "been fixed."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 25, 2018 May 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi roberts,

We're really sorry for all the hassle caused you. You may try resetting the Photoshop 19.1.4 preferences back to defaults and check if that helps to fix this issue, refer: Preferences in Photoshop

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2018 May 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated (actually went back to) the Version 19.1.1 release, and am still having the same issues:   Magnetic Lasso completely crashes the entire system.   What happens is that when you click on the lasso, you cannot turn it off.   It continues to lasso along with the cursor and the only way to stop it is to close out of PS (which is not easy either, as the cursor will not release from the lasso).    I am now updating to the most recent version release, but that was installed when I needed to join the forum in the first place.   Bottom line:   It has NOT "been fixed."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines