Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic CC 7.3.1 will not start (crashes) on High Sierra

Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2018 May 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All

I just licensed the full CC (all adobe products) and installed on my MBP and Lightroom Classic will not start.   Icon appears, splash screen appears then immediately disappears.  The cloud version of Lightroom works.  Photoshop works.  Same version of LR Classic works on my 2013 Mac Pro (6 core, 64GB, 1 TB, Promise Pegasus 2 8 bay raid (location of catalog)).  No error messages are given.

15 inch 2016 model with touch bar: 2.9 GHz i7, 16GB 2133 DDR3, Radeon Pro 460 w 4Gb

High Sierra 10.3.4 everything 100% up to date

4TB OWC Thunderblade connected via TB3

I have done the following - all failed

Reboot

Uninstall and re-install LR Classic

Log out of CC, reboot, log in

Start in Mac safe mode

Changed power setting removing graphics switching (forcing use of the Radeon over the Intel graphics card)

Searched forums, searched google and searched online help and found nothing substantial.  Many windows users seem to have similar problems. Nothing has worked.  Any and all help greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2018 May 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Additional information

I run Intego 10.9 on both machines (virus protection etc).  My desktop has 2xD700 GPU's (runs fine there).  I have also detached the Thunderblade and rebooted and tried JIC that made a difference.  I attempted to find the AutoBahn setting in the preferences - found it but there was no true/false (to disable GPU on the MBP).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines