• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When right-clicking in Windows 10, Acrotray.exe keeps throwing errors

Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2018 May 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I successfully installed Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017 in Windows 10, but when right-clicking any file in explorer I get the following error which keeps popping up!

This is in Dutch, but says it cannot be start because the parallel configuration is not correct.

When I uninstall Acrobat, the error disappears.  Any ideas?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

I show you a easy way to FIX this ERROR.

First of of you need CCleaner installed.

Now open it.

Now Goto ---> Tools.

Click on Startup.

Click on Context Menu.

Select adobe acrobate  programs may be there is one or two.

Delete those program.

Done 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 25, 2018 May 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gvacz,

Are you trying to convert a file in Windows Explorer to a pdf using convert to Adobe PDF option and getting this error? If yes, please try following troubleshooting steps:

1- Reboot the machine if you haven't already and try again.

2- If that doesn't work, check if an update is available for Acrobat using "Check for updates" option under "Help" menu, reboot the machine after installing update and try again. You may also download updates from here: Adobe - Adobe Reader : For Windows

Also, let us know dot version of Acrobat installed on the machine? You may refer to the steps given in this link on how to check the version: Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Thanks,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2018 May 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not trying to convert anything, I am just right-clicking any document in windows explorer.  Updated to the latest release, rebooted machine.. etc..etc..  Still the same pop-up errors

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gvacz,

Thanks for the screenshot. As per the information shared, you are receiving error when trying to view any pdf file using Acrobat, is that correct? If yes, please try following troubleshooting steps:

1- Reset preferences for Acrobat using the steps given in this link: How to reset Acrobat Preference settings to default.  reboot the machine after resetting preferences and try again.

2- If that doesn't work,  repair Acrobat using "Repair installation" option under Help menu, reboot the machine after repair and check.

Thanks,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No that is not correct, I get the error when I just right-click on any file, not even taking any action.

I completed steps 1 and 2, same error...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you confirm if you are getting the error same as mentioned in this link:  Error: "...Side-by-side configuration incorrect" | Adobe Creative Suite 4 | Windows If yes, try installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 runtime as suggested,

Then, uninstall Acrobat using cleaner tool which you can download from here: Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs , reboot the machine, and install Acrobat 2017 from this link: Download Acrobat 2017 , reboot the machine and check. ( You need your Acrobat 2017 serial number to complete the installation.)

Thanks,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, see my original entry of this ticket.  It doesn't even look like it...

I already did a re-install, cleaner tool etc.

I don't think you can resolve my problem by yourself, please escalate to an SME..  You are just guessing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2018 Jun 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As suggested by you, I contacted support via chat, but they couldn't solve my problem either and someone from 2nd line would contact me, but up to now, nobody did...

For additional help, reach us at http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

General Info

Chat start time

May 29, 2018 2:50:29 AM EST

Chat end time

May 29, 2018 3:04:30 AM EST

Duration (actual chatting time)

00:14:00

Operator

Akshay

Chat Transcript

info: Thanks for contacting us. We’ll find a representative for you to chat with and keep you posted on your wait time.
This chat will become active once a representative responds.

Did you know you can get answers to most of your Adobe-related questions at help.adobe.com? Find helpful video tutorials, tips for troubleshooting, and user guides for all our products. You can even get answers from members of our vibrant forums community. Visit help.adobe.com. Please hold for the next available agent.

info: You are now chatting with Akshay.
Please don’t close the chat window or browser tab since it will end our chat session.

Akshay: Hello. Welcome to Adobe Technical Support.
Akshay: How are you doing today?
GvAC Zeist: Shivam from the Adobe forum suggested t ocontact you: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10409080#10409080
Akshay: May I please know what issue are you facing?
GvAC Zeist: can u check the forum topic i discussed with Shivam? There is a lot of information in there
GvAC Zeist: Everytime I right-click a file in explorer, doesn't matter which file. I get a pop-error for Acrotray saying the parallel configuration is incorrect
Akshay: Please allow me 1-2 minutes to review your account details.
GvAC Zeist: ok, sure
Akshay: Please explain your issue.
GvAC Zeist: Everytime I right-click a file in explorer, doesn't matter which file. I get a pop-error for Acrotray saying the parallel configuration is incorrect
GvAC Zeist: when I uninstall Acrobat, the error is gone
Akshay: Okay have you tried the Acrobat Cleaner tool?
GvAC Zeist: yep
GvAC Zeist: tried about everything
Akshay: Okay I will escalate your case to the next level.
GvAC Zeist: ok ty
Akshay: You will get the mail from our team with in 24-48 hours.
GvAC Zeist: thank-you sir
Akshay: Do not worry, your issue will be resolved .
Akshay: Thank you for contacting Adobe, good bye.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2018 Dec 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the exact same error on Windows 10 (64-bit, version 1803, build 17134.304).

I get the error when:

• Trying to rename a file or folder (right-click on folder throws the error)
  • Right-clicking on a file in 'Recent files'
  • Right-clicking an item in 'Quick access' (such as Downloads, Documents, Pictures, etc.)

I don't get the error when:

• Opening a file or folder
  • Cutting and pasting files from and to a folder

It seems like whenever I right-click Explorer expects something called AcroTray to load (for a shortcut or something?) and it brakes Explorer.

AdobeAcroTray-error.PNG

And the error in the Task Manager:

AdobeAcroTray-error2.PNG

TL;DR: You broke Windows Explorer with ArcoTray. Please fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ewoutt,

As you get the error message, try once the troubleshooting steps mentioned by Adorobat in reply 5 on this forum thread Windows cannot find 'c:\.....\AcroRd32.exe' with a similar issue.

Check if that helps.

If the issue still persists, please share the details as asked below;

- Current application version

- Is it an issue with all the PDF that you try to access?

- Where exactly the files are saved?

- Since when you start experiencing the issue?

- Did you make any recent changes to the application?

We will be waiting for your response.

Feel free to update the thread if you need any help.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gvacz,

Did you ever resolve this. I have the same problem. 

This happened after I ran Zemana and Malware Bytes anti malware software. Malware Bytes detected that malware called "WebDiscoverBrowser" had been installed. I quaranteened it, Zemana discovered problems with several Acrobat files including acrotray.exe. It quaranteened them automatically. Then I started getting the error. I went back in and told Zemana to restore it. Then I did not get the error. Now today, I am getting the error. I see that indeed the acrotray.exe does not exist. Some how it got deleted.

I am going to attempt to reinstall acrobat reader

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Friendly neighborhood PootLoops here!

I was able to replicate this issue by disabling AcroTray in task manager on startup and resolved the issue on my own. Please open task manager, go to the startup tab and make sure acrotray is enabled then restart. After, open up adobe acrobat and click on the help tab and select "Repair Installation". Let it do its thing and you should be a-ok!

I came here looking for a quick answer, but got frustrated seeing all the guess work and took care of it myself instead. I do hope this helps, and if not, sorry!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Commands Used:Dism.exe /online /cleanup-image/scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

sfc /scannow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I show you a easy way to FIX this ERROR.

First of of you need CCleaner installed.

Now open it.

Now Goto ---> Tools.

Click on Startup.

Click on Context Menu.

Select adobe acrobate  programs may be there is one or two.

Delete those program.

Done 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Jay5C97 TeÅŸekkürler dediÄŸin gibi yaptım düzeldi.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines