• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Finiding a Lost Catalog or Re-importing

New Here ,
May 25, 2018 May 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!  I would love a little help with this one. 

This is from a wedding shot about 10 years ago.  I want to get the images to the bride.  I have all of the original DNG images but I don't know where the LR catalog is.  When I go to import those images again, LR won't let me because they have been imported at one time.

How do I get around this issue and get those images back into LR?

Thanks,

Paul

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you know the year when you shot this wedding, you could change one up your metadata filter fields to "Date" and filter on that year. You would want to have selected all photographs in the library column. Then, when you have located one of the images from the wedding, right-click on it and choose the option to go to folder in library. Perhaps not the easiest way to do it. But it's one way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for weighing in Jim.  I do already have the actual image files.  I don't need to find the images files, just the LR catalog.  How do I re-import images into LR if I don't know where the catalog is and LR won't let me since the images have already been imported at one time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I understand you correctly, they are already imported into the catalog that you are using. The process that I explained would enable you to find them in that catalog and would show the images with the editing that has already taken place on those images. If you don't want to do that then perhaps the easiest thing to do would be to start a new catalog and import all the images again and edit them all over again.

The reason Lightroom is preventing you from importing again is because, from what you have indicated, those images are already registered as being imported into the current catalog. The only problem you have is discovering where they are. It would seem that Lightroom has simply lost track, in the displayed file structure, of where those images are located.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Jim.  I appreciate your help and I'll definitely give that a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines