• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Desktop and Mobile

New Here ,
May 25, 2018 May 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried looking and i didnt really find the exact answer i needed. or trusted.

I live in Hawaii, and had a work gig in Dubai. My laptop is a desktop and i cant bring it with me. so what i did the first time, was i sent all the raw files to my gf at home, via dropbox, and she loaded them onto llightroom, and from my phone in dubai, i was able to edit them. this time however she came with. so. i ended up loading the raw files onto my phone, and working with them from there. over 1000 photos edited. and now im home. i want to upload the original raw files to my computer like i would normally, and change the Collections location. as of now, the collections location on my computer is in a sync'd folder on my computer, which contains a sync'd copy of my original raw files, so technically i could just relocate those. but i want to load the original files from my camera, to my computer, and have all the edits syncd to those original files. is this possible? or are my options, use the sync'd files, or upload the originals and re do the edits.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 25, 2018 May 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to the Lightroom CC forum

.. moving to LR Classic ..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2018 May 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The workflow you are asking for is not supported.

The sync via CC already downloaded all the RAW files. I don't understand why you'd like to import these again. Reimporting can not link them to the edited versions and therefore your edits will not be visible and you'll have duplicate images.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2018 May 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate the response. I was just assuming, that maybe since the original files and the syncd files had the exact same names, this would be possible. ok so, the syncd files on my computer are all located, in a very obscure, but reachable folder. In Lightroom, they are only located in a Collections Album, I'm assuming I go to that collection, and just drag the files(windows, PC) to an existing folder of my choice. Probably promted with some message and click ok.

I know the files are some what the same, the RAW files off my camera SD card just feel more pure, than a syncd version from Dubai. Or maybe I just have issues.Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The location where the sync puts originals downloaded from CC to Classic can be adjusted. Read here, note Location ..:

How to sync Lightroom Classic CC desktop with Lightroom CC

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines