Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC2018: Markers Disappeared...

Enthusiast ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys

I put markers in 5 clips, with detailed comments yesterday. When I opened the project this morning, the markers in the first 4 clips had disappeared as if they never existed.

Has anyone had the same experience or anyone any thoughts?

Regards,

Graham

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your backup file and/or autosaves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, they've disappeared. Added more clips with markers before lunch. Re-opened the project and more markers have disappeared!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are all of the other changes being saved, but the markers are not?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 13, 2018 Jan 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Always saved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similar problem. I created a project with multiple sequences of interviews for a client. He made markers on the sequences and send it back to me. When I open up the sequence, I see the markers, but then within 2 seconds they disappear. When he opens the project file on his end, it's there, with no problems. I have attached a video of what I'm talking about. It's on the video clips on the sequence at the very beginning. It goes away very quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've come across different marker issues when sharing project files: disappearing markers, old markers that were created (and deleted) months ago mysteriously showing up again. Write markers to XMP is unchecked on all systems.

The latest issue: markers disappear from the same project that they were created with on the same system.

I created clip markers on a sequence yesterday. Opened the project this morning and the project starts conforming for some reason (the project was not conforming when I saved and quit yesterday). I see the markers on the same sequence I created not 24 hrs ago. Within three seconds of opening the project file, the markers start disappearing before my eyes. They're there and then suddenly they're gone. I'm guessing they're being erased as the project conforms.

Why does the project begin conforming upon opening when it wasn't conforming when I had last closed it? Is there any explanation why markers I created on the same project file on the same system start to disappear the next time I open the project?

After reading numerous threads regarding this it seems like this has been a recurring issue for many years. Markers can be an important tool in post workflows but not when they can't even be saved or shared. It's frustrating that Adobe hasn't presented a solution to finally put this issue to rest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2018 Aug 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue also. Nothing like 6 hours of broll markers disappearing to raise tension between co-workers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 17, 2018 Aug 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

micks85179271  wrote

I am having this same issue also. Nothing like 6 hours of broll markers disappearing to raise tension between co-workers.

What specific dot version of PR are you using?

Clip or sequence markers? If clip, are you using XMP?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Premiere is acting weird reset preferences (shift+alt).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resetting preference didn't work. Still same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you've marked the clips, not on the timeline, correct?

It may be a bug in the 2018 version of Premiere - a work around could be to keep track of your markers/comments on the clips within a "workspace sequence," though I know that doesn't maintain the information in the original clip when you're ready to pull it into your timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My client marked the clips on the timeline. He didn't mark the actual timeline, but the clips within the timeline. I found an old solution from 2015 that almost worked. Check the link below. Following the old solution, the markers stay while the media is offline, but once they are linked, the markers go away again.

Why are my markers disappearing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow! I would have never guessed that, thanks for sharing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi All, Glaustin!
My problem was the same with a wav audio track. I made a fantom-audio track from a sound of a clip, and I markered it as I'd like. My markers stayed there. 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to keep everyone up to date, I filed a bug report and it might be useful for others facing this problem to do likewise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the opposite:

I am trying to delete clip markers.

Every time I open the project the markers are back...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How frustrating. I find markers are an important element. I think there are some bugs this time around. It seems markers on the timeline aren’t affected. I assume you did try reset preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope resetting Prefs did not help.

Reimported the clips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely a bug in clip markers; had no issues in previous versions... Have you filed a bug report?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand this problem. It's 2018. Back in 2004, when I have Final Cut Pro, I never have this problem. Are we going backwards? Shouldn't the technology get better? Seems like it's getting worst.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has there been any response on this issue? I have markers disappearing from one sequence after another progressively everytime I reopen the project. This will be wasting hours of time if I cannot recover these. Using Premiere Pro Vers 12.1.1 (Build 10) on MacOS 10.13.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am having issues with Markers.  I just noticed many had disappeared and even undoing every action back to the freshly opened project does not recover them. 

I am usually able to see them in the older Auto-Save versions, though.  Thank God Im on 5-minute Auto-Saves!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2018 May 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are 2 related, but perhaps different problems. The one discussed in this thread is clip markers, and in particular clip markers that disappear upon opening a project. The other is "sequence markers disappear when opened in source monitor." The latter is discussed in a thread where staff have reported that there is a fix for the next update. I have asked if it refers to either or both.

Re: Markers missing after last update!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 24, 2018 May 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All! This issue is one I and others brought to the attention of Adobe in other posts and the latest post update from Adobe is they have found the bug and are fixing it for the next update 12.1.2? soooo hopefully this will happen. It is not present in 12.0.0 but is in 12.1.0 and 12.1.1. GRRRR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines