• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What happened to the LightRoom General Presets???

Explorer ,
May 25, 2018 May 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In one of the latest updates to LR Classic CC, I lost my Lightroom General Presets. There were about 5 of them in there, including "Punch", "Medium Contrast", etc.

All of the presets I have purchased over the years came through the conversion fine, but not those old original lightroom presets. I used them almost all of the time. Anyone know what happened to them? Are they hidden somewhere?

Thanks,

Jim

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 25, 2018 May 25, 2018

Punch and Medium Contrast Curve are now in the Classic - General group (a "group" is what LR now calls a folder of presets):

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 25, 2018 May 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Punch and Medium Contrast Curve are now in the Classic - General group (a "group" is what LR now calls a folder of presets):

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I need some help pls.... I have LR classic CC...  not sure if this is the right place to ask but my  'general pre-sets' have disappeared .  I don't even have a 'classic - general' group anymore. Any advice welcome... thanks in advance - Simon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 25, 2018 Aug 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. The PUNCH preset is one that I use a lot, but when I "upgraded" to the newest version of Lightroom Classic CC (7.5 release) it disappeared. There are no more general presets, and no "classic - general" group. They need to be brought back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 25, 2018 Aug 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just received an answer with the solution, and it works. "The legacy presets were hidden by default in 7.5, but can be brought back in the Manage Presets dialog."

Click the plus sign to the right of "Presets." Then click on "Manage Presets" and put checkmarks in as many of the Classic Presets as you want to see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2018 Aug 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for sharing this .... I have just wasted hours on this! Been tearing my hair out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OMG!!! Thank you so much for this tip. I have been missing these Classic Presets since an update months ago and I swear even though I've adapted in terms of editing since I still miss punch and some of the others I used regularly. Thank you!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines