• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting Images

Explorer ,
May 25, 2018 May 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the last 3 years I have used LR to process my images from a Nikon 5500 SLR. This produces a 28Mb RAW file with dimensions of 6000 x 4000. When I have completed processing I export the file as a 16 bit Tif file. Up until yesterday, this produced a 68Mb (depending upon cropping) at close to the original dimensions, again depending upon any cropping I have done. as of yesterday, the exported file is now a 25Mb file with dimensions of 1707 x 2510 with image resizing not selected. I am pretty sure that over the last 3 years I have not had the image sizing selected when exporting. I never found the need to but there is a nagging doubt in my mind.

Can anyone please tell me what the dimensions and size of an exported 16bit Tif file should be from the 28 Mb RAW file outlined above without any image sizing being selected? any help would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2018 May 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file size depends on the cropped dimension (in pixel) you are exporting, on the compression and even on the content of the image.

Also, please understand that the files size in Mb is not an indicator for the quality of the image.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If these are images from the same camera shot in RAW format and not or slightly cropped then it is a setting in the Export dialog that is causing this. Please post a screen shot of the "FULL" Export dialog window. You can collapse the File Naming, Video, Metadata and Watermark panels so all other sections are fully shown.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much for offering to help. I have attached the export settings as you have requested. I also exported an image today with the same settings as on the attached file and the exported Tif image had dimensions of 2560 x 1707 and a file size of 25mb. The same image was exported on 13 May and had a Tif file size of 68 Mb and dimensions of 6000 x 4000. I can’t recall changing any of the export settings recently.

This started to happen after I had moved my one-drive data file from my C Drive to my D Drive but I have checked the files on the D drive and there is no compression set at all. I can’t see how this move would affect new images being exported and there has been no effect on images created prior to the move.

Regards

Steven

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SS2014  wrote

as of yesterday, the exported file is now a 25Mb file with dimensions of 1707 x 2510 with image resizing not selected.

Mb is irrelevant, you can't look at the MB and determine anything. It is not a useful measure.

Is the problem (you don't really say this) that your dimensions are now 1707x2510 with no cropping?

If that is the case, you are probably exporting from Smart Previews, rather than exporting from the original image. (If you moved the photos from C to D, this could possibly disconnect the photos in LR and then the Smart Previews would be used)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion. Any idea how I would re-connect? The dimensions are the real problem I believe.

Regards

Steven

View my images at www.srsimages.org

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reconnect by following these instructions

Adobe Lightroom - Find moved or missing files and folders

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 27, 2018 May 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. That seems to have cured the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines