• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Certain Images Cannot Be Dragged Into A Document

Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found that Photoshop will no longer let me drag certain images into a document. I get an error "Could not place because the source rectangle is empty". I have attached an image that triggers this error in CC 2018 (I've tested on 3 machines). Does anyone else get this error, is it a bug?

test_image.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018
What do you mean? Change the resolution of the source document or the image I'm dragging in?

Of the image you place.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change the resolution (without Resampling).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean? Change the resolution of the source document or the image I'm dragging in? I can open the image within Photoshop and then copy/paste it into the original document but that is quite tedious.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean? Change the resolution of the source document or the image I'm dragging in?

Of the image you place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ah that worked! I don't know how I managed to make the resolution such an odd value; I exported the image from After Effects. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2018 May 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I've been searching for a solution-- people are talking about PS permissions-- resetting PS all kinds of crap-- this makes SO much sense!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same for "Place" issues... my resolution was weird... like 30000x30000 inches by 1 pixel for supposed 1920x1080 (72dpi) footage. Changed the resolution to 1920x1080 - 72 dpi... try placing and... Voilà! It works. I guess it's time to make a batch to convert all footage to appropriate resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines