Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Context Sensitive Help broken

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2009 Feb 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

My QA person has informed me that our context sensitive help is not working. Normally, I can click a hyperlink in the web browser (IE or Firefox) and go directly to the page associated with the map ID. Now, every help link goes directly to the default page for the help system. The rest of the help system works normally.

I am generating WebHelp using RoboHelp X5.0.2

What files/code do I need to look at to see where the problem is?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 19, 2009 Feb 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi m_lister and welcome to the RH community.

To be able to answer your questions we'd need to know how the help is being called from the application. There are three methods as described here. All I can say is that no changes have been made to the help file it must be something the developers have done to the application call.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this happens to us, sometimes it is caused by the developers having refactored pages, and the default help call was put in. You indicated that you're using map IDs. Have the developers or testers (or you could probably do it yourself using View Source in your browser) check a few of the pages to see if the help call, including the proper map IDs, are still intact.

--Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried View Source in IE 7 on several different pages, and the map IDs look to be intact.

Here is the source code (348 is the map ID in this case):

script language="JavaScript" src="/servername/RoboHelp_CSH.js"></script>
 <a href="#" style="color:#FFFFFF" onClick="javascript:RH_ShowHelp(0, '/servername/RoboHelp/ActiveNetHelp.htm&gt;WithNavPane', HH_HELP_CONTEXT, 348);"
onMouseover="window.status='Help for this Page';return true;"
onMouseout="window.status=''" title="Help for this Page">Help</a> 

Is there specific code in the RoboHelp_CSH.js file I need to look at?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2009 Feb 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
UPDATE:

I have determined that only a few of the map IDs are actually assigned to topics in the RoboHelp project - these are the only context sensitive help topics that display properly in the program.

So now I need to reassign a whole bunch of map topics...ugh.

Thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp