• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Navigation to the webpage was cancelled"

New Here ,
May 26, 2018 May 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A while ago, when I tried to open pdfs sent to me by email, they defaulted to opening in IE not in Acrobat on my PC.  I was able to find the solution online and have had no problems since then.  I believe the problem arose following an update to IE (I use Firefox).

I've just begun a new job, and had the same problem, so applied the same solution.  Since then, each time I open a new pdf I get an error message which says "Navigation to the webpage was cancelled.  What you can try: retype the address."  Nonsensical, because I haven't typed an address.  I've only been there one day, and it happened the first time I opened each pdf for the first time.  If I later had to re-open the same document there was no error message.  If relevant, IE is not the default browser (they use Chrome).

I've searched for a solution, but all references to this error message seem to be years old, and do not relate specifically to pdfs.

Does anyone have any ideas please?

Navigation cancelled.jpg

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?