• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Highly disappointed having Premiere CC 2018...any help out there?

Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2018 May 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Highly disappointed having Premiere CC 2018...had great hopes with this software...bought a HPZ800 Machine with a 12Core processor and 64GBRAM with NVIdia Quadro 4000 2GB Graphics card, spending a hefty amount and here Premiere throws all tantrums cutting down my speed of editing and finishing projects. The clips do not refresh quickly, the pull in out number slider in Motion doesnt work properly when I click the numbers and pull them. Have to wait pretty long time before the media gets refreshed and gets on the working mode. Am unable to understand why such sluggishness when Adobe is heralding a new era of efficient work pipeline for all kind of projects? Is there anyone who can give me convincing answers for this? I am losing time now in finishing projects because of these issues.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 27, 2018 May 27, 2018
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are your videos on a second physical hard drive? What is the resolution of the videos that you are working with?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the prompt response, Rob.

The footages are in the internal primary harddrive of the machine. The videos are of HD resolution (1080p).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This very much be a major part of the problems that you’re having. You should have your videos on a fast second drive and not the primary drive. An external drive would be fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have my C drive on an SSD Harddisk where all the program files are there

and there is another internal 2T*B *HDD on which the project and the

footages are placed. I got confused while replying in the previous message

when I told the footages were on internal HDD. Yes, it is not in the

primary HDD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the source footage on the C drive shouldn’t cause as much of a slow down as Santhosh is describing unless it’s a slow standard hard drive that’s near capacity.  From what he’s described, the C drive probably has more than enough sustained bandwidht for 1920x1080 editing.

Santhosh, I would try the following (in this order):

Make sure that your Premiere Pro is up-to-date via the Creative Cloud Desktop appliciation.

What video format are you editing?  If it’s MP4, try transcoding to a mezzanine CODEC that’s meant for editing.  GoPro Cineform .mov files at quality 3 or 4 is a good choice.

Some users have reported Premiere Pro CC 2018 performing much slower than Premiere Pro CC 2017 on the same computer.  Check for “previous versions” in the Creative Cloud Desktop application.  If PR CC 2017 is available, try installing it as well.  With a previous version and current version installed, you can determine if your configuration is affected.

To get back to the hard drive being used, it certainly won’t hurt to migrate the source footage to another drive.  An internal SSD or external SSD via a fast protocol (USB3 or better) is ideal.

—Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Warren....

I have my C drive on an SSD Harddisk where all the program files are there

and there is another internal 2TB HDD on which the project and the

footages are placed. I got confused while replying in the previous message

when I told the footages were on internal HDD. Yes, it is not in the

primary HDD.

The footages are shot from a canon 5D camera and are in .mov format..

Thank you very much for your suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Canon 5D records a long-GOP MPEG2 file and then wraps it into a QuickTime movie file.  Your system as described sounds like it should be able to work with these directly, but I’d still try transcoding a few clips to GoPro Cineform. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Santhosh,

Hopefully you’ll get your system performance issues resolved and your installation of Premiere Pro will work more as you expect.  If not, I’ve listed a few alternatives to Premiere Pro below (you may already be familiar with them).

• Avid Media Composer First (Free, simplified version of Media Composer)
  • Avid Media Composer, $50/month
  • Blackmagic Design DaVinci Resolve, Free
  • Blackmagic Design DaVinci Resolve Studio, $300
  • Magix Vegas Pro Edit or Vegas Pro Studio (formerly published by Sony)

Most of these can be run side-by-side with Premiere Pro.

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed the Premiere Pro CC 2017 version and it seems to be quite faster than the present one and the issues that I have stated is non existent as of now when I tested those. Do we need to expect more problems in the newer versions of the software from now on and settle with older ones as they say 'Old is Gold'? It seems to be. I still hold dear the Premier Pro CS6 even today for its stability and ease...I was forced to migrate to the latest ones just for the Lumetrie Colour tools and the masking options which are unavailable in CS6 build.

My only sorrow is that I have already started off few projects in the 2018 version and am in midway, and now unable to bring down those projects to 2017 version. Downward compatibility should be somehow incorporated by Adobe as it helps a lot when we have such issues. As the primary tools are more less the same in the lower versions, there should be no issues in opening projects of higher versions to the lower versions. Hope Adobe is hearing this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2018 May 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2018 May 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much Ann Bens...it really helped. God bless you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines