Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recorded audio in Audition, video on iPhone at same time. Won't sync

New Here ,
May 20, 2018 May 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks,

I've recorded audio in Adobe Audition and video with the iPhone at the same time.  The idea is to replace the internal iPhone audio with the much better Audition audio.

When I upload both into Premiere, the audio file will not sync up.  I've used synchronize and hand adjusted the audio files to match up.    It starts out fine, matching peaks and valleys, but over time it gets off sync.  It seems like the Audition file is stretched out or the iPhone file is quicker.

I tried converting the iPhone video to constant framerate in Handbrake, and that doesn't fix the issue.

premiereauditionwhat.jpg

How can audio and video recorded at the exact same time have 2 different timings like this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you gone into the clip settings (right-click on the clip) and said to modify/interpret as X fps for the iPhone clip?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How far is it moving? Unless locked together in some way all separate recordings will drift.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2018 May 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
Thanks for chiming in; it's not so much a drift as the Audition audio is literally longer in length for the same content as the iPhone video.  It's as if the video was subtly condensed or the audition audio was subtly lengthened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for the suggestion.  I wasn't able to locate anything that explicitly mentioned modify or interpret fps.  I found Time interpolation and that didn't seem to fix anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Project panel, go to the bin the clip is in. Make sure the anel is in List mode not Thumbnail mode.

Right-click on the clip, Modify/Interpret Footage.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2018 May 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your continued follow ups Neil.  Found it.

Problem is that I don't see how I can use this to make it match the rate/speed as the separate Audition audio.  I can manually change the fps, true, but I don't know how to accurately match it to the audio, as the audio doesn't have fps data.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 26, 2018 May 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the media is unlinked you can try adjustments to the video fps until you get a match. Sometimes easy to do, sometimes not.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines