• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Embedded PDF Object in Word Issues

New Here ,
May 26, 2018 May 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to embed a PDF object into a Word file.  When I email the Word file with the embedded PDF object, the recipient only see the PDF as an "image" and cannot open the actual PDF.  Clearly I am missing something crucial here but cannot figure out what.  Please help!!!

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

May 27, 2018 May 27, 2018

Despite references to the contrary, you can't truly embed a PDF file into any Microsoft Office document, at least under Windows. Simply stated, the various Microsoft Office document formats simply cannot accommodate even a major subset of the PDF imaging model!

If you follow Microsoft's advice to “open a PDF file” in Word, you get an attempt to match the PDF content with what Word supports. This might work for a very simple PDF file of a memo originally done in Word, but not much more. To start w

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1 - search Microsoft about problems with Word Microsoft - Official Home Page

2 - do not put inside a Word document, send as an attachment to your email

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 27, 2018 May 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Despite references to the contrary, you can't truly embed a PDF file into any Microsoft Office document, at least under Windows. Simply stated, the various Microsoft Office document formats simply cannot accommodate even a major subset of the PDF imaging model!

If you follow Microsoft's advice to “open a PDF file” in Word, you get an attempt to match the PDF content with what Word supports. This might work for a very simple PDF file of a memo originally done in Word, but not much more. To start with, Microsoft Office cannot handle anything other than RGB colors, only one out of PDF's sixteen transparency blend modes, Type 1 fonts,

If you try embedding a PDF file in a Microsoft Office document under Windows, you will simply get an RGB bitmap representation of the page being embedded. It is obviously not searchable nor editable.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was facing this issue when i had the adobe reader touch software which was trying to open the embedded file from my MS office. I uninstalled the Adobe reader touch and installed Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. After setting Acrobat reader DC as the default software i was able to open the embedded PDF file from my MS Word file.

Hope this helps you !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines