• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installation of Acrobat 11 Pro on Windows 10 computer failed

Explorer ,
May 26, 2018 May 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Acrobat 11 Pro worked fine on my computer running Windows 7. I upgraded to Windows 10 and went ahead with installing Acrobat 11 Pro from the same CD but the installation ran for more than two hours and then quit with a message saying something like installation ran out of time. I clicked on cancel and it displayed the installation bar rolling back followed by a message saying that it was not installed. I shut down my computer. The next day when I tried once again to install Acrobat 11 Pro, it says invalid serial number when I enter the number in the initial steps of installation. How can the serial number be invalid after I used it for several years on my Windows 7 computer? Also, it did not say that on my first attempt to install on the Windows 10 computer. My suspicion is that the failed installation may have done something in the Windows registry which is causing this problem? What can I do?

Thanks. Paul

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2018 May 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat XI is an outdated version, no longer supported by Adobe. However, it should still run on Windows 10, although maybe not for long...

You should try running this cleaner tool (Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs ) and then try installing it again. Make sure you run the installer as an admin, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 27, 2018 May 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am the sole user of the PC, and my user name shows to be the administrator. I ran the cleaning tool, restarted the PC and started installing Acrobat 11. When it popped up the enter serial number window, it was already displaying the serial number I had entered in my first attempt. That makes me think that the cleaner tool could not clean all remnants of my initial installation attempt. Anyway, on clicking on Next, it once again said invalid serial number. Anything else I can do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2018 May 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contact Adobe Support. We can't help you with serial number issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like I said before, this is not a pirated copy. This is a genuine

purchase that I have been installing and activating successfully for a

few years now. So I believe it is an installation issue, which also I

never faced before with this CD and license.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Paul,

Sorry for the delayed response and inconvenience caused. I have checked the records with your current Adobe ID which you have used to log-in on Adobe forums and was not able to find any details of Acrobat license registered and as Gilad D correctly mentioned that Acrobat 11 is an end of support product, and it is not recommended to install and use Acrobat 11. For more information about End of life, you may refer to End of support for Adobe Acrobat XI and Reader XI

Would you mind sharing your Serial number details with us via private message only so that we can check the status of the serial number and can assist you in a better manner? How Do I Send Private Message

Also, try removing Acrobat 11 from the machine using Acrobat cleaner tool Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

Reboot the machine first, then install Acrobat cleaner tool, remove Acrobat, reboot the machine again, and try installing Acrobat from Download Acrobat XI, Acrobat X

Use the serial number for activation, and let us know how it goes.

Note: Don't share any personal information like a Serial number, Email address, Phone number on Adobe public forum.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines