Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR can't move a file to the destination folder because it is not writable

Explorer ,
May 26, 2018 May 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am trying to import 76 images from a CRU ToughTech Duo that has 2 SSDs in a RAID 1 configuration (images are mirrored).  I am using the latest version of LR Classic CC; all up to date.  I am on Windows 7 with tons of space, speed, RAM, storage, etc.

LR imported the first 39 images but then showed a dialog box for the remaining 37 that says "Could not move a file to the destination folder because it is not writable or there is not enough space (37).  There is plenty of space PLUS LR shows the previews of the 37 images in the import screen AND if I right click on the files in the SSD it says each of the images is about 94 MB (I am shooting with a Nikon D850 with 47 MPixels so files are large.  So, appears the files are the correct size.  However, if I try to move/copy one the 37 files in question to the desktop, it says the file is no longer on the SSD !?!?  BUT I can still see the image in the LR import screen !?!?

I do NOT know how to fix this and would sure appreciate some expert help.

Thanks,

Mel

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 26, 2018 May 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something is causing that RAID array to look like it is Write Protected. What that is I have no idea.

Copy the images from the card or camera to that drive using Windows Explorer and then import into LR using the "Add" option in the import dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 27, 2018 May 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If that is the answer then why did it download the first 39 images just fine AND then not download the last 37 images?  I transferred the images from the XQD card through LR on my laptop onto the CRU Toughtech Duo external drive.  I checked a sample of the images and they all looked fine.  So, I then reformatted the XQD in the camera so it was fresh for the next day's shoot.

So, if these last 37 are hopelessly corrupted, then I fear I have lost them forever; alas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 27, 2018 May 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here is a STUNNING update.

Just for the hell of it, I connected the laptop to my laptop vs. my desktop and opened the file on the CRU ToughTech Duo and guess what????

ALL of the 39 files that are not writable on the desktop by LR from the external drive, are just perfect when viewed through LR on the laptop connected to the exact same external drive.  I am going to copy the files onto a flash drive and load them manually into LR on my desktop.

This makes me crazy; granted, that is not a BIG effort but I have NO idea why this might be occurring.

Can you venture a guess???

Thanks for any advice

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines