New Here ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Win 7

64 bit

IE 11

Manage add-on: shockwave flash object enabled

A few hours ago, the IE always showed "a required component is not running properly, please reinstall adobe flash player". Then, after installing it several times (no effect) I finally decided to uninstall it and then I reinstalled it.

Now it shows that flash player is not installed by "This content requires the Adobe Flash Player. Get Flash!", although after that I have installed quite a few times.

What should I do?

Firefox shows the same message.

TOPICS
Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please ensure Flash Player is enabled in the browser and ActiveX Filtering is disabled:

If these recommendations don't work, post the direct link to content that is not working for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't work. As before, it shows

Untitled.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you try clicking on reinstall button, follow the link, download and install latest version of Flash Player.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, and I did that several times but it didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any anti-virus installed? Could you try turning the same off and see if Flash Content works. Also could you try installing Flash Player for Firefox/Opera from Adobe Flash Player Install for all versions  page and see if Flash Content works as expected on the same.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not working after the installation on firefox. I'm not sure about the anti-virus part, though. It was always redirected to this page:

Flash Player官方下载-Flash中国官网

My IT engineer also came to help me just now but he had no idea and left.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

seems some corrupted files are the cause

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The page that opens up is the official distribution page of Flash Player bits in China. Could you take help of your IT staff to see if there is any anti-virus installed. And try to disable it and see if it helps. Also check your firewall settings.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I called them and they can only help on Monday. I shall wait for that.

The flash player had been working well until 2 days ago for a long time. I didn't install any new software recently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you provide the installation log files save at C:\Users\<YourUserID>\AppData\Local\Temp\Adobe_CDMLogs.  There are several files in this directory.  Upload all files to cloud.acrobat.com/send, using the instructions at How to share a file using Adobe Document Cloud ,  or upload them to some other file sharing service of your choice that doesn't require user account log on to access.  Post the link to the uploaded files in your reply.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The document cloud instruction page gives me the link

1. Navigate to https://cloud.acrobat.com/send
  2. Login with your AdobeID credentials

But the access was denied when I logged in with my account. So I contacted the customer service, which was horrible. We spent too much time before she finally understood my issue and asked me to download the creative cloud, but it was always checking for update. Then I gave up.

Case ADB-2200943-H2R9

I feel like the representative is not like an expert on it. Anyway thanks for her effort.

3.png

To make things simple, can I just paste the log files content here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2018 May 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, can I just copy and paste the log file content here? Any privacy issue or security issue?

I really don't want to continue case ADB-2200943-H2R9, because it's marked as "download" issue and the representative completely missed the point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 20, 2018 May 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you try installing Flash Player for Opera from Adobe Flash Player Install for all versions  page and see if Flash Content works as expected on the same.

This would be a real help to troubleshoot the issue further.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again it was redirected to

Flash Player官方下载-Flash中国官网

and I installed the same version as before, nothing is changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Did you open the above link in Opera browser?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have Opera browser on my office desktop. I'm not sure if I can install it without permission.

I tried to open it in Firefox but it goes to the same Chinese page.

Can I just paste the log files here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As my colleague mentioned before, https://flash.2144.com is the official distribution page in China.  This is the only location to download Flash Player in China.

You can use any file sharing service of your choice to share the installation log files, as long as it doesn't require a user account log-in to access the files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have shared the folder here:

Adobe_CDMLogs (file://GK3QZH2/Users/Haoran.Chen/AppData/Local/Temp/Adobe_CDMLogs)

Let me know if you have any questions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

could you recheck the link provided. When I try downloading the logs it gives me file not found error.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for providing the log files.  I'm seeing some entries in the log files I'm not familiar with and have forwarded the files, and this post, to the team responsible for the online installer you are using.  Someone will post back with an update.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please do the following:

1. Download the Flash Player uninstaller posted at Uninstall Flash Player for Windows
  2. After downloading the uninstaller, close ALL browser's and programs that may use Flash Player
  3. Follow the steps in the tech note to completely remove Flash Player
    • Note: In steps 3 and 4 do NOT delete the FlashInstall32.log and FlashInstall64.log
  4. After uninstalling, reboot the system
  5. Launch IE and navigate to https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer to download the Flash Player ActiveX installer for IE
    1. China user's will be redirected to https://flash.2144.com
  6. After the installer file downloads, close all browser's and programs that may use Flash Player
  7. Locate the downloaded installer file, double-click to launch it, and follow on-screen prompts to install Flash Player ActiveX for IE

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I strictly followed your instruction, but after that, it still shows not running properly, please reinstall.

While it was uninstalling, I didn't see step 3 or 4 asking me whether to delete the log files. It just finished the process automatically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you please upload settings.sol file available at C:\Users\<your current user>\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\macromedia.com\support\flashplayer\sys .

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines