• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Open With" not opening Photoshop option

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to get, just installed today, Photoshop CC to "Open With" for a .jpg. to open directly in Photoshop. And then allow double click in PC. Tiff is working correctly.  When goto "Open With" find a program in "program files" click Photoshop icon. Does not show after click on, then cannot click "always use this program".

I have restarted the computer. Thank you for the help.

PiersPS.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , May 28, 2018 May 28, 2018

Hi Piers. Try the solution here:

Photoshop not an option in "Open with..." menu

NOW, my question to Adobe is - WHY IS THIS STILL A PROBLEM?!?
Every time I run a major update, I lose all of the open with commands and have to go in and manually edit the registry. I mean, the problem and solution above was identified back in 2011 - nearly 7 years ago! Surely some smart engineer could think to add a registry update when we move from CC to CC 2017 to CC 2018...
(And don't tell me it's because the old pr

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
May 28, 2018 May 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Piers. Try the solution here:

Photoshop not an option in "Open with..." menu

NOW, my question to Adobe is - WHY IS THIS STILL A PROBLEM?!?
Every time I run a major update, I lose all of the open with commands and have to go in and manually edit the registry. I mean, the problem and solution above was identified back in 2011 - nearly 7 years ago! Surely some smart engineer could think to add a registry update when we move from CC to CC 2017 to CC 2018...
(And don't tell me it's because the old program isn't uninstalled - we updated our version of Photoshop, so of course we would want to use the latest. Not to mention have the old version removed completely.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines