• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere/Encoder h264 render crashes whole computer on longer sequences

Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a new iMac, having issues with h264 renders longer than 5-6 minutes. Shorter ones render out fine. When it does crash, it crashes my whole system needing hard restarts. Have uninstalled and reinstalled whole CC suite twice, still to no avail. Other codecs render out fine. My co-worker with the same exact system renders out longer sequences just fine. I've set preferences back to default and cleaned media caches, tried different user settings, changed designated memory for CC, tried new projects and sequences, etc...did not help.

OSX 10.13.4

iMac Pro (2017)

2.5 GHz Intel Xeon W

64 GB 2666 Mhz DDR4

Radeon Pro Vega 64

Premiere Pro 12.1.1

Media encoder 12.1.1.12

Project set to OpenCL

Anyone have any thoughts?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 24, 2018 May 24, 2018

Hi joer72002444,

Thanks for posting the pics. Please change the option "Performance: Hardware Accelerated" to "Software only" & check the issue.

Let us know the status.

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi joer72002444,

Sorry for the trouble. Is there an error message after the crash? Please share a screenshot if possible.

What are the export settings? What is the destination for exports? Is it the same destination as small projects?

What is the approximate estimated time of export? Do you think any other scheduled process like backup or anti-virus scan is interrupting the export?

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, there is no error message. My screen freezes, cant switch apps, but my mouse moves around, but that’s it. I’ve tried exporting to external server and locally to desktop, both fail. For export time, it usually says about 5-6 minutes, then crashes anywhere from 5%-13%. I’ve done the footwork, I have no corrupted files. No scheduled processes or anti-virus will affect the export. I’ve attached my export settings.

Screen Shot 2018-05-18 at 9.31.37 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-05-18 at 9.31.23 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-05-18 at 9.31.14 AM.png

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 24, 2018 May 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi joer72002444,

Thanks for posting the pics. Please change the option "Performance: Hardware Accelerated" to "Software only" & check the issue.

Let us know the status.

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2018 May 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, that did the trick…and after checkiung out a few other forums, it seems its an Apple issue with the graphics cards they using.

Thanks.

Joe Rounseville | Film Editor - Content Studio

Global Center for Brand & Insight

Principal Financial Group | Des Moines, IA 50392

Office - 515.878.6200

Connect with Us on Twitter | Facebook | www.principal.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi joer72002444,

Glad it worked. Thanks for letting us know the status.

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines