• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Acrobat Pro DC freezes when I try to "Send File"- Mac

Explorer ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is there a fix yet? It's been about a year now? The updates ARE NOT addressing this issue.Screen Shot 2018-05-17 at 11.08.08 am.pngScreen Shot 2018-05-17 at 11.11.43 am.png

It freezes when you email, it freezes when you save it's so annoying having to Force Quit constantly.

The Adobe subscription is becoming more and more expensive - yet the care and attention to products seems to be going down hill.

Please fix - remember your original audience - graphic designers? WE RELY ON YOUR PRODUCTS SO WE NEED YOUR HELP - PLEASE!!!

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 28, 2018 May 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Benitadwyer,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

As you experience the freezing issue, try once the troubleshooting steps mentioned here Troubleshoot Mac OS 10.x system errors, freezes | Adobe software.

Check if that resolves the issue.

If that does not resolve the issue, try once to reset the preferences of the application.

Use the steps mentioned here How to reset Acrobat Preference settings to default.

If the issue still persists, I will suggest you to remove the application from your machine and clean reboot it.

You can use the cleaner tool Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs to remove the application from the Mac.

Once done, reboot your Mac and then re-install the application from here Download and install Acrobat DC subscription.

Let us know how it goes.

Feel free to update the thread if you still experience the issue.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you want everyone on the forum to spend pretty much a whole day of their lives doing all of those steps instead of Adobe doing what we pay for and fixing the apps for us.

Has adobe forgotten that your products are actually made for professionals - we don’t have time to spend fixing issues for you.

Please fix the app and send us an update once fixed - paying $70 per month for applications that aren’t working correctly is highway robbery.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey benitadwyer

Sorry that you're experiencing an issue, and I understand your frustration—but there are a number of things that could be causing your issue and some of them relate to your OS and network—all the staff, MVP's and ACP's on this forum are here to help you and that's what Meenakshi was trying to do. Please try to keep that in mind.

That said, let's try and find out where things are going wrong, and we'll need some more information to work with, please:

• What version of the Mac OS are you currently running?
  • Are you on an enterprise network? This can often be a cause of issues like this, as there may be a network endpoint issue, and you can get your IT team to check against this list of endpoints.
  • Have you run any Adobe prerelease software on your machine, or older (CS) versions? If so, run the cleaner tool as directed by Meenakshi.

My suspicion here is that this is a network issue, and that's why updates won't be touching it. I'll keep an eye out for responses through the day but I am out of the studio today, so there may be a delay in my reply but let's try and get you back up and running as soon as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a whole forum of people with the issue and we are all being ignored, so of course we are all frustrated. Does Adobe understand how we rely on PDF's working to send client work that has deadlines - when it fails we fail - it's very unprofessional having to say to a client "sorry Acrobat isn't working" they think we are lying.

I also wrote on my forum post that I had tried the preferences and cleaning. I wouldn’t of posted if I hadn’t tried the most basic things - like preferences and cleaning my machine.

I am over chasing to get this fixed and when I do try me the user gets blamed for an obvious huge Adobe error that Adobe won’t look into whats really causing it.

The fact that so many people have this issue proves it’s an Adobe Acrobat issue. I’ve used Acrobat since the day it came out 15 years or so ago and I’ve never seen it ever play up like this.

Adobe need to investigate and run tests it’s obviously an error in the latest updates.

I've been a passionate Adobe lover and user for 20 years. But the last few years I’m getting really sick of paying more and more for these products each year - and they are becoming less reliable, the help is non-existent unless you whinge (which i've had to lower myself to - not fun) Adobe seem more focused on dumbing down products to sell them to home users and the professionals have been left stranded or having to work around the home users tools which we don't care about. Print production has become so hidden and I need to use it everyday. I am sick of setting up Acrobat the way I like it because every update it vanishes - it's a painful product I miss Acrobat 10 so much.

The action we need is a focus on fix, not expecting us to stop doing our work to do it for you we simply don't have time designers have so many deadines. Every person in this forum just want Adobe to come back with an actual fix in an update so we can focus on our work and not waste countless hours on forums.

Answer to your questions:

• What version of the Mac OS are you currently running? The latest one High Sierra my computer is off i don't know the latest version number.
  • Are you on an enterprise network? This can often be a cause of issues like this, as there may be a network endpoint issue, and you can get your IT team to check against this list of endpoints.  NOPE no networks
  • Have you run any Adobe prerelease software on your machine, or older (CS) versions? If so, run the cleaner tool as directed by Meenakshi.
    NOPE I do not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Thanks.

I've run tests on three machines here (hardly exhaustive, I know… but… ) it works perfectly, with the handful of files I've used.

Another question—and unfortunately that's the way it is if we're to get to the bottom of this, so please forgive me—could you export one of the files you're having trouble with and tell me the size of that file, please?

When the file is converted to text as an attachment, it may be exceeding the viable limit for your mail application to handle.

Please let me know.

In other news, have you tried using Send & Track to deliver the files to your clients? That service is perfect for designers and you can see when a file has been viewed and downloaded.

Tony

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried:

Saving an illustrator file as a PDF

Doesn’t matter what export option but making sure

it set to open automatically in Acrobat

Then trying to do something like such as “send as an email”

It becomes non-respondent 100% of the time.

But I normally dont really until I got back to illustrator to make another PDF and it doesn’t auto open the doc - then realise it’s frozen from the previous PDF.

It freezes doing other things but this is one thing I do most of my day and is hopefully something you can replicate. And now force quit has become my best friend unfortunately.

I can seen other people in the forum are saying similar things to this.

I can’t send clients work through sorry it’s confidential.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi boun_1980

Yes, I have tried that and it works as expected with a suitable PDF. Large Illustrator (or other) files will not work as they cap out on the attachment size restriction—which may vary depending on your mail client/setup.

Just a note on Send & Track/ confidentiality: unless you're using certificate-authenticated secure mail, then you should never send privileged information by email. Send & Track is a secure option.

Tony

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My PDFs are not large a not even 350kb one do not work.

Currently how I send things is not the issue - when Acrobat is completely broken. As I keep saying there is a whole forum or people with this issue not just me.

Send and track will freeze up just like everything else.

Plus have you met clients?

They pretty much know nothing about computers - do you no 99% of marketing people and clients I’ve worked with still refuse to use Acrobat comments. The still scan in our work or write it on emails. You can put in fancy features as you like our customers still want everything to be basic and easy for them unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2018 Jun 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tony

Has a fix for all of this group struggling with PDF freezing yet?g i

I tried the Adobe cleaner - its also crashes...........in your words "AS EXPECTED"

It's all since High Sierra that the issues are happening - as many of us have mentioned in the forum.

There is nothing wrong with the rest of my computer or Adobe products.

The same version of Acrobat works perfectly fine on my very old Mac Book Pro running on Yosemite.

My productivity is becoming extremely disrupted and I am SO STRESSED OUT because of these crashes are causing is making my work impossible to do. It's no different to a truck driver trying to do his job with a broken truck.

If a fix can't be provided - please let me know so I can submit a request to get a price reduction on the Adobe Subscription until this is looked into seriously.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Did you try once to update the application to the latest version? If not, please try once and check if that helps.

Refer this link Release Notes | Adobe Acrobat, Reader to check the latest version available for the application.

If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to once contact support to get this checked as it may require a remote session to find out the root cause of the issue.

Open this link Contact Customer Care and sign-in with your Adobe ID.

Then select the option provided from the list and click on the "Show my contact options" in the blue box at the bottom.

There it will show the phone and chat option to contact the support team.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines