• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Hangs When Opening More Than One PDF

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017, version 2017.011.30079 on macOS High Sierra Version 10.13.4 on a 2017 MacBook Pro.

When I open the first PDF in Acrobat everything works fine. The Acrobat application works fine. I see the PDF in a tab. When closing Acrobat after viewing the PDF, Acrobat is slow to close but does so after 5-10 seconds.

The problem I have is when opening multiple PDFs. The scenario is this:

1. I double-click on PDF file in Finder to open it
  2. The Acrobat application opens with the PDF shown in a tab and everything is working fine
  3. I double-click second PDF file in Finder to open it
  4. The Acrobat application hangs with the spinning beach ball within Acrobat window
  5. I right-click on the Acrobat application in dock and it shows "Application is not responding"
  6. I open Activity Monitor, select the View CPU tab and it shows "Acrobat Pro 2017 (Not Responding)", it shows little if any CPU consumption and it appears to be waiting
  7. I have to do a Force Quit to free Acrobat from its hung status

I noticed this is a problem only at my work location. From other locations everything works as it should. So I'm thinking a network-related issue of some sort.

Today, at my work location, I discovered that if I drop my network connection (yank the RJ45 hardwired connection or turn WiFI off when using the wireless network) when Acrobat appears to be hung, that it frees itself and opens the 2nd PDF in a new tab as it should. Again, confirmation that the issue is network dependent.

Does anyone have any insight as to why Acrobat would need to access the Internet when opening another PDF? Any clue as to why this would be network related? Is my corporate firewall perhaps blocking access to some site that Acrobat needs to access?

I have de-installed and re-installed Acrobat 2017 several times. I also opened a trouble ticket with Adobe and they remotely accessed my system to troubleshoot. Though they observed the problem they didn't resolve it.

Thanks!

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 27, 2018 May 27, 2018

Hello Carlf,

Sorry for the delayed response and inconvenience caused. When you try to open a PDF file and if it stored in Adobe Cloud storage or any other cloud storage location, Acrobat connects to the internet to open the PDF file on your machine.

Please install the latest update of Acrobat 2017 from help>check for updates, reboot the machine after installing the updates and see if this brings any difference.

You can also install the latest patch/update manually from 17.011.30080 Planned update, May 14, 2018 — Release Notes for Acrobat DC Products

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 27, 2018 May 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Carlf,

Sorry for the delayed response and inconvenience caused. When you try to open a PDF file and if it stored in Adobe Cloud storage or any other cloud storage location, Acrobat connects to the internet to open the PDF file on your machine.

Please install the latest update of Acrobat 2017 from help>check for updates, reboot the machine after installing the updates and see if this brings any difference.

You can also install the latest patch/update manually from 17.011.30080 Planned update, May 14, 2018 — Release Notes for Acrobat DC Products

If connecting to a different network environment is resolving the issue, then it seems to be a network security restriction issue. I have shared the list of Adobe Ports and URLs via private message, please share the details with your IT team so that they can whitelist them on the network.

Let us know how it goes and share your findings.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anand, we are facing the same problem. Acrobat works OK without network, but beachballs when the network is active. There's a proxy in the network.

Could you provide the list of servers and ports that Acrobat DC accesses to adjust the proxy?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jordisoria,

I have shared the list of Adobe Ports and URLs via private message, please check your email inbox.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2019 Mar 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i have the same problem as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines