Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extension panel not saved in Workspace

Explorer ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I'm currently developing an Illustrator plug-in/extension hybrid where I am using the extension for the UI.

I have been trying to get it so that the positioning and showing status of the panel is saved between sessions and in the workspace.

For the most part this works automatically, however it appears that if I dock the panel with other panels such that it is part of a tab group and then have one of the other tabs active (see A below) when closing illustrator/changing workspace, on next restart/reload the tab for the panel has been removed (see B below). Occasionally this seems to be fine for changing workspace, but always happens when restarting illustrator. In any other use case (floating, docked, in a tab group and active (see C below)) it is recalled correctly. Am I missing something or this a bug in the way Extensions are handled or is this by design?

Many thanks in advance.

A:

A.png

B (restarting Illustrator after A):

C.png

C:

B.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just noticed that the tab is actually still there, however it's not named as it should be, in the js file for the panel I'm calling csInterface.setWindowTitle("Panel"); I assumed this would update it. So is there something I need to do for the tab to expand and show the name?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines