Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Accessing pixel information - pixel sorting

Explorer ,
May 26, 2018 May 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

Did anybody worked with pixel informations before in Photoshop? I wanted to sort pixels in Photoshop in a way I used to do in Processing engine in Java (p5.js now). Is it even possible? I know sorting that much pixels will be extremely hard for pc, but I'm willing to use it only for selections. Any idea where to start?

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2018 May 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2018 May 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Otherwise you may want to explain what you are actually trying to achieve.

Maybe give examples of what the source material is likely to be and what results you strive for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank You for letting me grab your attention . I'll be very presice then:

I'd like to access pixel array that holds rgba values (actually - color space doesn't matter, it's just to illustrate my point). When I script in a browser in Canvas or via p5.js or processing, I get an array with values as follows: [ r, g, b, a, r, g, b, a ...], which I can loop through and change values without any problem with just "=" sign. I haven't seen a way to change just a pixel information in Photoshop without making any selection, just by changing variables in an array that holds all of the colors. Using selection or even adding eyedropper point and then moving it, creating an array is not an option... It just takes ages.

I've read multiple posts on forums and used my own "sorting" actions using color range and wind filter...

What I was hoping to get was effect similar to this:

1*6Mz8d2gVHSRumois0Bmh7Q.jpeg

but on selection.

I guess if it's not possible, I'll just add eyedropper point and move it inside bounds of selection, creating array with [r, g, b, a.. ] values and then use gradient with colors set in hierarchical order (ordered by lightness or hue) and I'll leave it render for a night . I was just thinking if there is any faster way.

Thank for your answers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines