• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

reorganizing subtitle track

Engaged ,
May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello i have my movie , 36 minute long, with a subtitle track spletted in several part

that s becuase after i finisged to subbing, i need to rearrange the clps, and the dfast way to keep the subtitle in sync was to create new pieces

so now i have several pieces of it

I planning to make a good restyling of mu movie, make it longer, 5.10 minutes longer, so i will need to move again all these parts, and it will get a difficult matter

is there a way to organize the part to make them at least a unique one, or i don't know...other suggestion?

I have realized that fromn this point of view subbing in premiere is bad, as it doesn't rearrange the sub when rearranging clips

thanks a lot

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi stefanocps,

Maybe a screenshot of your clips and the subtitle track(s) would illustrate your question more. Let me first ask for a little more clarification so that I better understand this. Are your subtitles all one imported clip from outside software? Or are you using Premiere Pro's built-in titles to function as subtitles?

When you say "to organize the part to make them at least a unique one," what does that mean? I'm not clear one what you are referring to by "the part" and what you mean by "a unique one."

While I await your response, I'll add a little information if by chance this answers your question. I apologize if I'm totally missing the mark here. 1.) You can use the Track Select Forward Tool to move all of your parts at once.

Screen Shot 2018-05-08 at 12.36.57 PM.png

2.) Or you can simply drag a selection box to highlight everything that you need to move all at once. 3.) Or you can right click on your sequence in your project bin, select "Duplicate," and then work in a duplicated sequence, where you can copy and paste the pieces from your original sequence to fit your longer one.

I'm not sure if any of this is relevant to what you are trying to do, but I'll look forward to your response for additional information on your project.

Good luck,

-Brandon Loshe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

premiere.jpg

the subtile track is the one surrounded by the red circle

as you see there are several pieces

and i would like to have  for order pourpouse all in the same unique track, and have if possible from it

a correct list of

minutes dialogues (may be exporting?)

That said, i am going to extend some part of clips and i just feel unconfortable to move pieces and sometimes loosing the sync

all the sub was made within premiere pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gotcha okay, I think I understand now. So if you move several clips around, you want to make sure that the subtitles stay with them, correct? Also, you want the freedom to extend any clip without losing sync. 2 options that come to mind:

1.) Group multiple clips together: This would involve using the Razor Tool to your subtitle clip. You'll have to make the edit so that it aligns perfectly with your video edit. Then highlight all of the clips with the subtitle track, right click âž¡ Group. This will lock all of the highlighted clips together so that they will not lose sync. This way you can trim them or extend any clip as need. And if you move a clip, then the whole group will move together. Later on, if you want them separate again, just right click âž¡ Ungroup.

2.) Nest multiple clips into a pre-composed sequence: This would also involve using the Razor Tool to your subtitle clip. Just like before, you'll have to make the edit so that it aligns perfectly with your video edit. Then highlight all of the clips with the subtitle track, and go to Clip âž¡ Nest. This will put everything highlighted into another sequence. This will consolidate everything into another sequence with the same settings. In case you are wondering, even when you export with subtitles/close-captions in a nested sequence, they can still be exported as a sidecar file or burned into the video.

I would do option #1, but maybe you'll find option #2 to work better for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i group all the sub parts and in someway that makes me feel more confortable

is there a way to have converted in a text list all of the sub?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

now if i want to  edit the sub i need to ungroup, well this is not a real problem

what is a problem and this is why i have all those small part fot the sub

is if i want to rearrange the clip

let's say i want to extend a clip (don t know in english, but the operation you do using the keyboarc command B tool)

1 i need to cut the sub part at the point where the clip end

2 i extend the clip

3 a blank space is created where i made the cut

Now if i want to add some sub for that portion, i need to create a new subtrack and put it where the blank space is

i find all this procedure quite complicated, not fluent

i don t know if i do wrong or if it is just a premiere pro limitation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 10, 2018 May 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right that it can get complicated quickly. Been there, done that. To be honest, I don't know how to create close-captions in Premiere from scratch the way you have it. I do all of my subtitles and close-captions outside of Premiere Pro in a Telestream app called MacCaption.

If you are going to be rearranging your clips drastically, then I would recommend finalizing your edit first. After your edit is done, then you can add the subtitles. It looks like you are trying to do it while editing. When I catch a mistake in my video or have to change the timing, I have to go back to MacCaption, export my subtitles/close-captions from MacCaption, import the subtitles/close-caption into Premiere Pro, and replace the track. In a perfect world, once your edit is finished, it's done for good; and then you just timestamp your subtitles to match the audio/video once.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 12, 2018 May 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been a couple days since I last responded. Just wanted to check in and see if you had luck getting this stuff figured out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 13, 2018 May 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am stopped now..wating to work at it

actually it is not that i do subtitle while editing.

it happens that sometimes i need to go adn reedit the movie, even if i thought was finished

for what i have seen there are not much things to do then work at it.no shortcut

only thing i would like to export as listed text the whole sub...and this is still somehting cant t do!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by export as "listed text?" What does "listed text" mean?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i mean this

00 00 01    00 05 00  Hello what is your name

00 05 00    00 09 00  Hi my name is Paul

etc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, gotcha. I don't know of a way to do it with Premiere Pro. If you export with a format that supports close-captions/subtitles, under the Captions tab in your export settings, you can set it to "Create Sidecar File." Select "Scenarist Closed Caption File (.scc) or "MacCaption VANC File (.mcc)." Then you can import either the .scc file or the .mcc file into software that can read .scc and .mcc files.

I think I'm onto something here. I just tested this on my own project, and got it to work using MacCaption. Just to confirm this for your case, are you able to export your video and then upload just the .scc file to this forum? Just for a quick export, you can just use the MPEG2-DVD format and uncheck "Export Video." Leave "Export Audio" checked because Premiere requires you to at least have one selected. Under the Captions tab, select "Create Sidecar File" as the export option and "Scenarist Closed Caption File (.scc)" as the file format. This will export audio and a .scc file, but all we care about at the moment is the .scc file.

If you are able to upload the .scc file, then I can see if it will open and convert to a list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case you're still interested, I figured this out. I'll attach an example. With your caption selected in your Project Panel, go to File > Export > Captions... Select the XML Format. You can then open up that XML code in TextEdit or Microsoft Word. You can delete the extra code if you want. Just keep the timecode after "<p begin=" and the text after "<span>." I noticed that if your captions/subtitles are more than one line, then the timecode is listed again with the second line (see example below). I know this method isn't ideal either, but it'll work.

Example:

<p begin="00:00:01:12" end="00:00:03:25" region="pop1" style="basic" tts:origin="10% 74%">

<style/>

<span>ON BEHALF OF THE MINISTRY,

<style tts:backgroundColor="#000000FF" tts:fontFamily="monospaceSansSerif" tts:fontSize="20px" tts:fontWeight="bold"/>

</span>

</p>

<p begin="00:00:01:12" end="00:00:03:25" region="pop1" style="basic" tts:origin="10% 79.333333333333343%">

<style/>

<span>I WANT TO THANK YOU

<style tts:backgroundColor="#000000FF" tts:fontFamily="monospaceSansSerif" tts:fontSize="20px" tts:fontWeight="bold"/>

</span>

</p>

<p begin="00:00:01:12" end="00:00:03:25" region="pop1" style="basic" tts:origin="10% 84.666666666666671%">

<style/>

<span>FOR JOINING US IN WORSHIP.

1.png

<p begin="00:00:03:26" end="00:00:06:13" region="pop1" style="basic" tts:origin="10% 10%">

<style/>

<span>WE HAVE BEEN PRIVILEDGED

</span>

</p>

<p begin="00:00:03:26" end="00:00:06:13" region="pop1" style="basic" tts:origin="10% 15.333333333333332%">

<style/>

<span>TO SHARE GOD'S WORD WITH YOU

2.png

FYI, yes, I know that PRIVILEGED is misspelled in my example lol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hello brandon

thanks, yes i am interested, i will yty all these when i 'll have some time for it...busy in other duty these days!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any luck getting things figured out? I was thinking more about this today. You could open the captions panel and take screenshots of the list of close-captions/subtitles and their time stamps. I don't recall if there is a way to get the close-captions/subtitles out of there, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines