Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Paragraph Shading - rule cutting off at top of frame

Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

looking for the way around this

if i change my frame first baseline options to leading - the shaded rule tag will work both at the top of the frame and the body of the frame.

BUT keeping the setting at leading causes the other frames without shaded rule tag to NOT sit at the top of the frame.

i typically use First baseline: ascent, and created 2 different tags as work around, would love to figure this out

!

help please

Screen Shot 2018-05-17 at 1.23.36 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would use the same baseline setting on all the frames. For the frame with the shading, tweak the position of the shading with the four offset values.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve

I usually use the same settings on all my frames, just experimenting with the settings, trying to figure out how to get the top of the frame to acknowledge the shading. I am looking for a way to have both shaded rules (one at the top of the frame, the other in the body of the text) have the same settings (paragraph style). We create multiple pages/docs with the shaded rules, sometimes it is hard to visually catch the ones with the wrong tag when the file reflows.

Thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You could also do it with Object Styles, but I'm not sure that helps because you still have to apply the style to the different text frames. But the application of the object style could be scripted by checking the p style of the textframe's first line.

Screen Shot 6.png

Screen Shot 7.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I would like to know if the steps suggested by Steve worked for you, or the issue still persists.

Kindly update the discussion if you need further assistance with it.

Thanks,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines