Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

batch_convert.jsxbin tweak

Explorer ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'd like to use Peter Karel's great script above (exporting InDesign CC file to pdf), but with a minor addition.

I'd would like each pdf to retain the 'saved' pdf file name, rather than using the InDesign document file name.
Would anyone be able to help me achieve this with a javascript file to run through the 'run a script' option?

MTIA
Steve

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by 'each pdf to retain the 'saved' pdf file name, rather than using the InDesign document file name'? But whatever you mean, you can't change the way that the script deals with file names.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter, thanks for the speedy reply.

I don't want to change any file names, just retain the name assigned (and saved) to the InDesign export option when saving to pdf.

screen grab.png

The InDesign file name is 007+60W wiring guide.indd.
When exporting to pdf as an individual file the 'Acrobat' save interface uses the previously used 'export' name which includes a version number.

It is this name (different and specific to each document) that I would like to retain & apply to each document when running your 'batch_convert' script, rather than the InDesign file name?

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aha, I see. I'm afraid the script can't see that name. Sorry.

P.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh well, never mind, worth enquiring. Thanks very much anyway.

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines