Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro DC +Mac OS Safari - black screen displayed

Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys!

I'm trying to fix this problem since months, but i kinda never get any solution.

Opening a PDF File in Safari 11.1 together with Acrobat Pro DC results in a black page.

Here things i've tried:

- /Library/Internet-Plugins : there is no Adobe Plugin anymore

- Update Acrobat DC under "Help" - "Update".

- Uninstall Acrobat DC

- Install Acrobat XI (Plugin works)

- Clear Cache

- Clear Cookies

Could anybody help me please,

i'd really like to view PDF Files in my browser again.
It's a bit annoying.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Hello Pauschpage,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, as per the description above when you open a PDF file in Safari, you get a black page, is that correct?

Please check for any pending updates of Acrobat from help>check for updates, reboot the machine after installing any updates and see if this brings any difference.

Refer and try the suggestions from the following Adobe articles Display PDF in browser Adobe Acrobat, Acrobat Reader

downloading and viewing PDFs gives a black screen in Safari (Acrobat Reader)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Pauschpage,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, as per the description above when you open a PDF file in Safari, you get a black page, is that correct?

Please check for any pending updates of Acrobat from help>check for updates, reboot the machine after installing any updates and see if this brings any difference.

Refer and try the suggestions from the following Adobe articles Display PDF in browser Adobe Acrobat, Acrobat Reader

downloading and viewing PDFs gives a black screen in Safari (Acrobat Reader)

You can also refer and try the solution from the following Adobe discussion PDF Files open blank on Mac

Have you tried opening the PDF file with any other browser like Chrome or Firefox?

Is it specific to one PDF file or with all the PDF files? If it is specific to one PDF, is it possible to share the PDF file with us so that we can try it at our end? To share the file, please use Adobe Send feature, upload the file, share the link to files via private message only, How Do I Send Private Message

What is the dot version of Acrobat installed? To identify refer to Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Let us know how it goes and share your findings.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines