• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't switch to Lightroom Classic CC?

New Here ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be as direct as possible, I do a lot of nature photography. I want to fix the flash eye in the animals. Is it true that Adobe CC doesn't have a red eye tool? And then Photoshop Classic CC is not available for Windows. Why Why Why? Is Lightroom available for Windows Eight? I have Lightroom 5 but again they are evidently not updating it to include the 'Pet eye' tool which is what I desperately need. Animal flash eye is often green or yellow and not red. I cannot spend days downloading free trials and checking out multiple programs just because it isn't obviously stated what's included and not included in each plan. I just was left on hold by "STEVE" from purchasing who hung up on me twice and sent me to a dead number once and then put me on music for product tech help for one hour! One whole hour! He kept asking me about video,I told him multiple times, not Video, Still frame photo... a camera, a DSLR. He then quoted a video file, I say umm no I don't shoot video,I use a camera the files are RAW, JPG, DNG, or PEF.   Adobe needs to make this easier for people who are trying to figure out what plan has what. I cant buy a whole new computer for one red eye tool. change my operating system, and delete accounts, and download multiple plans, If there is a work around for the red eye I'm willing to learn it but I know it will fussy and time consuming.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, for such technical questions you may want to ask in the Photoshop and/or Lightroom forums

- Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome

Second, to find out if the program(s) will do what you want, you may want to try the 7 day free trials

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Lightroom Classic CC — The desktop-focused app forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know who told you that Lightroom is not available for Windows or for Windows 8. Here is a link to the system requirements as published by Adobe:

Lightroom Classic system requirements

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I will definitely check this out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The red-eye tool is unlikely to help for pet-eye. This Photoshop: Red Eye Fix for Difficult Cases in People and Pets looks like a good tutorial for fixing pet-eye in Photoshop.  It appears you could use the same basic instructions to do it in Lightroom. It's not nearly as much of a snap as the red-eye tool, but after a few times it should get to be second nature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Red Eye tool is also a Pet Eye tool in Lightroom Classic.-

Quoted from the Help Reference:  https://helpx.adobe.com/pdf/lightroom_reference.pdf

Cure red eye and pet eye effects

Note: You’re viewing help for Photoshop Lightroom Classic CC(formerly Lightroom CC). Not your version? View help for the all-new Photoshop Lightroom CC.

Using the Red Eye Correction tool in Adobe Lightroom Classic CC is a quick and easy way to correct red eye in your

photos. Working in much the same way as red eye correction, pet eye correction in Lightroom Classic CC helps you cure unnatural pet eye colors captured in photos.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines