• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Folders with"info.lua" files popping up in my Lightroom folder

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 19 sub-folders that automatically pop up in my folder where I have all my photos stored. The folders are all named with dates (eg. 1-4 or 2-26).

There are no images in the files, but when I look in the folders, there's a file called: info.lua.

I've tried to remove the folders within Lightroom, but whenever I try to remove them, they automatically regenerate!

Does anybody know how I can permanently get rid of the folders?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS are you using?

Exact version of LR?

Do you see these folder in the LR Folders list in the Library modules left hand panel or just when looking at the drive/top level folder with the File Manager for the OS you are using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They appear because of Lr Mobile and that date's mobile photos should appear in them. Have you deleted these photos as some point?

It's not clear what you mean by "regenerate" but when you delete these folders in LR, LR removes the folder from the catalogue but doesn't actually delete it in Explorer/Finder. That's because LR sees there is something in the folder (the info.lua file) and opts for the sfer method of removing rather than deleting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2018 Sep 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also am having trouble with info.lua files populating my folders within LR.  I import my iPhone photos via LRCC app to the cloud and then they sync with LR Classic.  Once in classic I move my iPhone photos into my normal organization system and out of the import folder. But what remains in the original import folder is this info.lua file.  So it looks like those folders are empty within the LR hierarchy (they say 0 files in there).  Usually I would tell LR to remove that folder from within the catalog and everything would be fine.  But since that info.lua file is in each of the date folders they are not deleted on my hard drives.  I went and saw all the folders (with the original dates from import) that each have one info.lua file within them.  This is making a mess of my folder system.  Help!  I never had this before.  I am using LR Classic CC 7.4, LR CC 3.11, Mac Sierra 10.12.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 11, 2018 Sep 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find this issue such a time-waster that I wrote this script. Select the folders in Folders panel, run the script and it deletes any info.lua files. You can then delete the folders in LR normally, which then means they're gone in Finder/Explorer too.

John

--[[

Copies smart collections to dumb ones

SETUP INSTRUCTIONS

Open the file in TextEdit and change the value myNewPrefix below

Temporarily save this file onto your desktop and call it "YOURFILENAME.lua".

Now you need to create a scripts folder:

In Lightroom, choose Lightroom > Preferences (Mac OS) or Edit > Preferences (Windows).

Choose the Preset tab and select Show Lightroom Presets folder.

Create a folder in the Lightroom folder called Scripts.

Copy the "YOURFILENAME.lua" script into the Scripts folder.

Quit and reopen Lightroom.

You should now see a little scripts menu to the right of the Help menu. It has a single item Title case keywords.

--]]

if MAC_ENV then SEP = '/' else SEP = '\\' end

--[[

Don't change anything after here

--]]

LrView = import 'LrView'

LrDialogs = import 'LrDialogs'

LrApplication = import 'LrApplication'

catalog = LrApplication.activeCatalog()

LrTasks = import 'LrTasks'

LrFileUtils = import 'LrFileUtils'

LrFunctionContext = import 'LrFunctionContext'

if LrApplication.versionTable()['major'] <5 then

LrDialogs.message( "Oops - must be run in Lr5 or later" , "collection:getSearchDescription() is a feature introduced in Lr5")

else

LrTasks.startAsyncTask( function()   

catalog:withWriteAccessDo( "Duplicate smart collections", function()

folder = catalog:getActiveSources( )

for i, folder in ipairs(folder) do               

if folder:getPath() ~= nil then

path = folder:getPath() .. SEP .. 'info.lua'           

if LrFileUtils.exists(path) == 'file' then

LrFileUtils.delete( path )

end

end

end

LrDialogs.showBezel( "Now try deleting the folders in Lr")

end)

end)

end

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello John,

I am having the same issue with the info.lua files creating ghost folders with no pictures.  I have an iPhone, but a Windows based PC.

I was able to get the Scripts menu set up, it has 2 items listed: "Open User Scripts folder..." and the YOURNAME file.

I'm stuck on what to do next? In case it's not glaringly apparent, I've never written a script before. If you can provide some additional guidance I would be incredibly grateful!

Thank you,

Jennifer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines