Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Migrating Lr from one PC to another

Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello friends and fellow photographers

I have been using Lr Classic CC (trial) for some days on my Laptop. All my photos and the respective catalogs are stored on an external HDD, but all the plugins are stored on the laptop HDD.

After upgrading my Desktop, I would like to migrate with all the settings, plugins and catalogs to the new installation on the desktop and would also like to work seamlessly by attaching the external HDD to the desktop. I would like to achieve the same for the Ps CC (trial).

Please help me out regarding how to do that.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This link should provide all the information you should need about moving Lightroom and your images to the new computer:

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-move-lightroom-to-new-computer/

However, you will probably find it necessary to reinstall your plug-ins on the new computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2018 Jun 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much.

Your link helped me a lot.

I have successfully migrated from my Laptop to Desktop.

I did the following:

1. I copied the settings and presents from App Data/Lightroom folder on my laptop to a USB drive.

2. Copied the same to the appropriate location of my Desktop.

3. Copied the Lr Plugins from my Laptop on a USB stick.

4. Copied the same on my desktop.

5. Attached my external HDD to the laptop and noted the exact drive letter assigned to it.

6. Attached the HDD to my DT and assigned the same drive letter to it through Disk Management module of the OS.

7. Ran Lr and voila! Everything is just the same as the laptop.

Thanks again.

I would like to do the same for the Ps, but I am yet to figure out which folders I need to copy and paste. Could you please guide me on this too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not big on plug-ins, so I'm not sure about Photoshop. I found my Nik Plug-ins in a Google folder in the ProgramData folder. That's all I can tell you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was actually looking for a way to transfer the Ps setting from one PC to another.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2018 Jun 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Ian Lyons

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines