Exit

All my personal workspace disappeared

Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I really need your help

After 3 days of holiday, this morning I opened Photoshop CC, and everything was different.

The opening page (start page) was completely empty, no preview of my last works, nothing.

No workspace, no personalized settings, error about plugin and for font too!

I was no longer logged into my Adobe CC account and the 3 different workspaces I had created over the years were no longer available.

I immediately logged into my account but nothing returned normal.

I tried to control workspaces, but there are no more than the basic essentials (web etc).

I went to check in

C: \ Users \ BigBe \ AppData \ Roaming \ Adobe \ Adobe Photoshop CC 2017 \ Adobe Photoshop CC 2017 Settings but the WorkSpaces folder is empty and the same for the WorkSpaces (Modified)

Additionally, all existing folders and files were created today when Photoshop is opened 30 minutes ago.

So I went to check in the folder logs (still in AppData) and even this folder is just created and found these two logs:

Console:

Unable to initialize application session ID

Unable to initialize service code and level

No translation for key "EUCLID.IMAGE" in language en

No translation for key "EUCLID.IMAGE" in default language

Debug

[0831/125958:INFO:CONSOLE(39)] "Unable to initialize application session ID", source: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Adobe/Adobe%20Photoshop%20CC%202017/Required/www-universal-search/build/main.js (39)

[0831/125958:INFO:CONSOLE(39)] "Unable to initialize service code and level", source: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Adobe/Adobe%20Photoshop%20CC%202017/Required/www-universal-search/build/main.js (39)

[0831/125958:INFO:CONSOLE(37)] "No translation for key "EUCLID.IMAGE" in language en", source: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Adobe/Adobe%20Photoshop%20CC%202017/Required/www-butler/build/main.js (37)

[0831/125958:INFO:CONSOLE(37)] "No translation for key "EUCLID.IMAGE" in default language", source: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Adobe/Adobe%20Photoshop%20CC%202017/Required/www-butler/build/main.js (37)

Every single folder in AppData is created today (maybe it's normal.... I don't know), but where are gone my workspaces, my styles, my settings?

2017-08-31_13.52.25.jpg

Waht I have to do?

I have regularly closed Photoshop three evenings ago without any problems and re-started this morning after three days and everything seems to have disappeared.

Also missing Suitecase, On1, and all tabs and extensions installed by the plugins I use.

Please help.

Thanks in advance

Lio

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 02, 2017 Oct 02, 2017

Hi BigBearLio,

It looks like the Photoshop preferences reset back to defaults just like when you newly install the Photoshop application.

You may try restoring your system settings to the previous data when it was working fine. If you are using the Windows machine then you can try doing the system restore. Let me clear this thing that we cannot assure you that system restore can fix this issue or not.

In some cases, it will restore the previous settings without creating any other issue.

Regards,

Mohi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 02, 2017 Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BigBearLio,

It looks like the Photoshop preferences reset back to defaults just like when you newly install the Photoshop application.

You may try restoring your system settings to the previous data when it was working fine. If you are using the Windows machine then you can try doing the system restore. Let me clear this thing that we cannot assure you that system restore can fix this issue or not.

In some cases, it will restore the previous settings without creating any other issue.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2018 Jun 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mohit​, i have the same problem, can you help me? All my settings dissapeared after my computer shut down in a power outage. Appdata folders are empty and with todays date. I tried restoring the system to a previous point but it says there was no change and Photoshop is still in the default settings. Is there any other way to fix it? Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Mohit.

I have the same problem. I have my personal workspace designed and saved. It dissapeared after the last upgrade. Then, I'm not generated the problem. My point of view is simple: your last upgrade has a wrong step and lost part of the personal configuration.  I can't resolve anythig restoring my computer, back to the old ACR and PS versions.

Please, review your upgrade procedure. This is a cloud service managed by Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2021 Aug 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

same here, did the update, lost hours of work i did for my personal configuration, short cuts, actions, workspace and so on...

this really really sucks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same history. ¿Where are my personal workspaces?

A lot of work to trash.

I'm desagree with Adobe service. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines