• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colors different in PDF opened in Chrome/Photoshop vs Acrobat

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2018 Jun 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what the colors look like when opened in Chrome or imported into Photoshop -- I consider this to be right.

sample-2.png

This is what the same file looks like opened in Acrobat X (10.1.16) -- I consider this to be wrong.

sample-1.png

Why question is simply... why? Why is there a color difference? I've tried every setting in Acrobat under Preferences->Color Management and nothing seems to liven up the colors.

Thank you in advance!

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like it's being converted to CMYK, perhaps because of transparency. Did you make the PDF, if so how? If not, how did you decide which is right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I imagine you're choosing RGB when you open in Photoshop. Try choosing CMYK instead, see if it matches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened it in Photoshop and selected CMYK, as suggested, and it does indeed match the colors as when I open it in Acrobat. The PDF was generated using PDF Kit (a nodejs tool) and the colors were chosen using RGB values, which is why I decided that the Chrome rendering was more accurate. While I'm not sure if PDFKit is robust enough to allow me to address this issue, I appreciate you pointing me in the right direction. Disregarding PDFkit specifically, is there a flag in the PDF specification that would cause the rendering engine to produce consistent colors on most (if not all) displays?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 03, 2018 Jun 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are using transparency be sure to set a blend colour space. You can also do this using the transparency flattener in Acrobat Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines